For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Director, Inclusion and Diversity
Foster City, CA
About the Company
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matter, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Inclusion & Diversity, the Director of Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) is responsible for the design, development, and integration of targeted inclusion and diversity business unit strategies that align to Gilead’s overall, Inclusion & Diversity approach.
The Director of Inclusion & Diversity will serve as the leader, champion, change agent, and subject matter expert for Research & Development, one of the largest Gilead business units. acting as a collaborative partner and trusted advisor to HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Excellence and to the business leadership team.
This role will be the I&D leader for the business unit and will align inclusion & diversity action plans with Gilead’s overall strategic objectives. This person will spearhead current I&D initiatives and bring rigor and best practices to Gilead. They will be excited by the proposition of evolving the company’s core value of Inclusion. Success will involve building relationships with senior leaders and bringing the enterprise I&D strategy to life in the business unit.
The successful candidate will be a leader with the intellect and subject matter expertise to become a true business partner and confidant to business leadership and employees at all levels. In a data-driven and highly technical workforce, this individual will need to operate in the fast-paced environment with a discerning intellectual agility and a strong results-oriented mindset that is not only metrics-driven, but also focused on the accountability of colleagues across different functions. The Director will evaluate, select, and manage vendors and consultants to ensure the successful execution of projects and business priorities.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Developing diversity business plans based on a common I&D framework supporting Gilead’s core values to ensure that people and the people-centered culture are front and center in every decision
- Increasing and ensuring progress around people, culture and brand aligned with I&D objectives
- Understanding the fundamental business strategy and how to link inclusion & diversity to business priorities and initiatives
- Presenting I&D strategies to business unit leaders and aligning and regularly reporting on progress
- Operating with a results-oriented mindset, not only building strategies but also deploying and monitoring the success of I&D initiatives
- Implementing strategic, business-wide I&D initiatives supporting organizational diversity plans including: alignment of employee resource groups, implementation of diversity of thought training, strategic approach to diversity recruiting, and rolling out I&D dashboards that provide transparency and accountability regarding attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent
- Partnership with Business and HR leaders to prioritize and align the team around I&D objectives
- Attending client staff meetings and gathering business requirements that inform and shape I&D priorities
- Providing subject matter expertise on internal and external I&D best practices
- Analyzing and reporting on I&D progress to determine organizational health
- In addition to the business unit diversity action plan, there will be opportunities for leading corporate wide initiatives internal facing or external facing based on interest and individual development plan
Required Skills & Education:
- 10-15 years of Inclusion and Diversity leadership experience in a senior management capacity with a demonstrated ability to develop and execute effective organizational strategies
- Must be well versed in change management and creating alignment with a diverse set of employees on a global level
- Self-sufficient and capable of liaising with the executive team, including comfortability building and delivering executive-level presentations
- Ability to navigate at all altitudes across the organization, utilizing strategic insight, excellent project management skills, and the ability to get things done with a sense of urgency
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, data-driven, global and technical environment is a plus
- This leader will have a strong track record of influencing, inspiring team members and coaching in the areas of I&D
- Broad business acumen combined with deep functional knowledge of I&D best practices
- Previous experience within the Human Resources space, including recruiting, organizational design, employee relations, and talent management
- Bachelor’s degree required; Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Design, MBA or advanced degree preferred
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity – Doing What’s Right
- Inclusion – Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork – Working Together
- Accountability – Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence – Being Your Best
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In
order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of
the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job
application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For more information about equal employment
opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers.
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.