For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where employees make a difference, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting millions of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Director, Learning & Development
We have the following exciting opportunity in our Foster City location.
Candidates for this role should demonstrate the ability to oversee, develop, implement and facilitate learning solutions that are scalable and transferrable across domestic and international sites. This role is responsible for both maintaining and evolving the Learning and Development function at Gilead. This role will oversee the management of our highly-rate curriculum, create an employee-centric global onboarding approach, and efficiently sustain TD&I operations. Opportunities for this role to help evolve the L&D function include developing a global online learning strategy, measuring program business impact, as well as creating a dashboard.
This Director will partner with a dynamic TD&I and HR team in our Foster City global headquarters, our London EMEA headquarters and our Hong Kong Asia regional hub, and serve as an enabler of the curriculum and program needs of those TD&I peers. This role must maintain working relationships with numerous external and internal partners who provide program facilitation or online content and will have direct report management responsibility for TD&I staff who support the programs.
This role sits within our Talent, Development & Inclusion (TD&I) function, reporting to the Senior Director of Talent Development.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Design, deliver, and evaluate corporate-wide employee and manager development programs working closely with other TD&I team members. Improve content and delivery as needed.
- Manage employee and contractor team members who coordinate the training center, curriculum, and onboarding operations for the L&D function.
- Oversee development of global HR onboarding to create exceptional new hire experience.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, managers and external partners to develop a strategy for online learning.
- Facilitate development and onboarding programs that emphasize Gilead-specific content.
- Select, manage, develop, and evaluate vendors to ensure efficient L&D operations.
- Act as a business owner for the Learning Management System (Success Factors) and partner with other stakeholders across the organization.
- Conduct periodic organizational needs assessments to identify curriculum gaps and recommend appropriate curriculum or program solutions.
- Develop and improve processes that expedite employee/course selection and participation.
- Conduct follow-up to measure program applicability and tangible success of learning solutions and demonstrate through a quarterly dashboard and annual operations report.
Characteristics of a successful candidate will include: A strong project and program manager with
demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and turn that analysis into learning
solutions. Fundamental understanding of business strategy and how to link L&D or HR
initiatives to business initiatives. A proven track record of creating, implementing and
facilitating curriculum and employee development solutions that make a difference. Personal
attributes such as excellent communication skills, able to gain credibility and engender trust
and influence all levels, strong partnering skills, a bias for action and tangible results.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- At least 10 years of experience in HR consulting and/or a Fortune 500 company a must
- Minimum of 5 years Learning and Development experience
- Previous experience as a business partner or in a HR Center of Excellence a plus
- Master's in education, organizational development/psychology or a related discipline is preferred
- Significant breadth of knowledge on commonly used training concepts, practices, and procedures
- The ability to follow assignments through to completion with a bias towards execution
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.