For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Marketing Director - Inflammation
Gilead are a research-based biopharmaceutical company based in California and committed to discover, develop and commercialise innovative therapeutics in the areas of unmet medical needs. This will improve patient care in the areas that matter the most. Inflammation is one of our 4 therapy areas of focus, and we are advancing a pipeline of novel investigational agents for inflammatory diseases. Over time these will address multiple targets with potential application across a broad range of disorders. Our most advanced agent is a highly selective JAK1 inhibitor. This innovative molecule has now reported 3 Phase III studies that have successfully met their primary and secondary endpoints in Rheumatoid Arthritis, and thus support regulatory application in the EMA region in the near future.
Due to the anticipated regulatory authorisation of our JAK1 inhibitor in 2020, we are expanding our Team.
Reporting to the Business Unit Director for the Inflammation franchise, the Marketing Director manages the Marketing team to support delivery of tactical implementation of marketing strategy. The role strategically coordinates and implements marketing plans across functions including marketing support for the cooperation partner company Galapagos, the collaborating with medical, sales, market research, corporate communications and finance, to drive activities to achieve revenue and results objectives.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Collaborates with Sales Force to ensure effective communication and implementation of marketing strategy and solicits and uses feedback to optimize marketing channels and communication messages.
- Cooperation with Galapagos marketing and sales team to optimize the marketing efforts for IBD indications.
- Forecasts revenue and expenses based on strategies and tactics defined in Business plans. Manages and controls portfolio-marketing budget within agreed profitability targets.
- Collaborates with Medical group to ensure optimal interactions aimed to support product portfolio strategy.
- Drives cross-functional product teams and key stakeholders within Gilead to ensures alignment on strategy, key themes and deliverables
- Collaborates with Market Access Teams to ensure aligned approach to reduce prescription hurdles via aligned market assets and business unit activities for full availability of product portfolio at National / Regional / Local level Responsible for oversight and strategic direction across a number of projects, including overall agency management.
- Ensures that all marketing activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Prior experience in the therapeutic field of rheumatology is preferred but not mandatory.
- Prior experience in a highly competitive therapy area is required as well as previous Therapeutic indication with high scientific emphasis.
- Typically requires an advanced degree such as an MBA, PhD or equivalent is desirable.
- Requires highly developed leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, to lead change, and mentor others. Must possess excellent strategic thinking skills with ability to formulate, develop and execute development strategy plus the ability to see a clear picture to be able to focus on priorities. Advanced experience with product lifecycle management is preferred. Extensive knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical product life cycle management/marketing in a variety of therapeutic areas preferred.
- Product launch understanding and experience in pre-launch and market development work within specialty care.
- Prior experience in people management with direct report is strongly recommended
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines.
- Must have excellent management skills including training, coaching, performance management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, recruitment and selection, meeting management and plan execution.
- Must have strong executive presence with ability to command respect through exercise of sound business judgment and clear decision-making. Excellent communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing and very good presentation skills are required.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional marketing and business plans.
- Must possess sophisticated negotiating, influencing, project management and consulting skills.
- Must be able to successfully perform complex budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting. Experience managing cross-functional teams or work groups as well as direct reports.
- Must have a good general knowledge and understanding of market access topics such as AMNOG process and economic prescribing in the AMNOG context.
- Has demonstrated ability to successfully play an important intermediary role between brand development and pure medical marketing activities. Successfully develop external relationships leading to brand advocacy.
- Experience/ability to interact within International matrix/context will be a preference
- High level of English and national language is mandatory
- Experience in marketing products in the inflammation area (rheumatoid arthritis/IBD) is desirable.
- Experience in managing advanced multichannel activities will also be considered a plus.
- Sales experience and/or International experience will be considered a strong plus
- Resilient and acumen profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Commercial competencies
- Initiative into Action
- Strategic approach
- Communications Impact and influence
- Customer relationship building
- Customer and market insights
- Business analytics
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right),
- Teamwork (Working Together),
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility).
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.