For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Director, Talent Acquisition (Commercial)
Foster City, CA
About the Company
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases
For more information please visit www.gilead.com
About the Role
We are seeking a Director, Talent Acquisition leader to develop and lead the talent acquisition strategy for our business-critical Global and North America Commercial teams. Reporting to the Executive Director North America Talent Acquisition, the successful individual will serve as a key partner to Gilead’s Commercial business leaders and HR leadership team. You will be a natural people leader with a strong background in recruiting for biotech. A credible, knowledgeable TA advisor working closely with key business stakeholders to achieve their hiring objectives. This is an opportunity to make an impact while being part of a historically significant company that is making a difference to the lives of millions of people around the world.
Specific Job Requirements
The role will require, but is not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Member of the North America Talent Acquisition Leadership Team, and Extended Global Talent Acquisition Leadership Team.
- You will be comfortable carrying high profile requisitions of senior hires within the business
- Partner with senior leaders, Hiring Managers and HRBP Teams to develop and operationalize a recruitment strategy to fulfill hiring objectives
- Establish ongoing relationships with senior leaders, Hiring Managers and HRBPs in order to understand their business and recruitment needs
- Create and drive diverse talent pipeline programs in partnership with the Inclusion & Diversity Lead / team
- The ability to work across the HR landscape partnering with Total Rewards, Talent Management, Learning & Development and Inclusion & Diversity to support hiring needs
- Manage a team of recruiters and vendor partners in delivering the hiring objectives for the business
- Effectively manage volumes and recruiting peaks and troughs to ensure a sustained and scalable TA solution
- Responsible for managing external search firms when vendor partner services are needed
- Develop team’s ability to participate in recruitment functions including job fairs, conferences and career events, targeting unique applicant populations
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of recruiting experience in healthcare/biopharma industry OR, Master’s degree with 8 years of recruiting experience in healthcare/biopharma industry
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with senior business leaders and HR business partners
- Ability to manage service delivery through an RPO/ vendor partners and deliver on hiring objectives for the business
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and deliver results
- Robust collaboration mindset, and a history of successfully influencing partners whilst maintaining respectful and trusted relationships
- Strong leadership and facilitation – effective at leading and inspiring teams. Listens actively and responds constructively to the needs and views of others
- Direct recruiting experience within life sciences, healthcare or biopharmaceutical industry within Commercial teams is highly desired
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Track record for leading successful staffing teams within complex, matrix organizations (on-site and virtual)
- Advanced project management skills
- Able to exercise judgement and independently resolve and take appropriate action where precedent may not exist
- Role model for Gilead core values and ways of working in all actions
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster. We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers.
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.