For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
The Investor Relations department plays a critical role in helping senior management shape its message to the investment community, as well as constantly providing the external view of the Company.
The Head of IR will play an integral role in this dynamic environment, building on his/her ability to impact and influence as an advisor to Senior Management.
The Head of Investor Relations will create and execute a proactive investor relations program. He/she will have overall responsibility for the strategic planning and ongoing development of all investor relations activities with the aim of increasing shareholder value and enhancing Gilead’s image within the investment community.
Plan, execute, and manage the investor relations program/strategy; Establish process and systems to build a well-regarded investor relations function. This will involve developing a detailed knowledge of Gilead’s business, building and implementing an investor targeting plan to support the company's strategy, and managing various key investor events, investor conferences, roadshows, scientific conferences, annual shareholder meetings, and earnings calls.
Has primary responsibility for developing, maintaining, and enhancing close working relationships with the investor's community. Regularly meet with investors at headquarters and articulate Gilead’s business. Provide timely and consistent communication regarding Gilead’s strategy, and operational and financial objectives, as well as establishing realistic expectations for the company's performance.
Maintain strong company, and Biotech or Healthcare sector expertise. Monitor and assess changes and trends in investment markets and determine appropriate strategy. Continually gather, monitor, and report on marketplace intelligence and inform, educate and coach company management about financial and industry trends, shareholder concerns, and competitor actions that may impact the company. Stay apprised of scientific updates, market opinions, attitudes, and reactions to Gilead’s issues; communicate critical points to senior management.
Provide internal and external audiences with an accurate and timely view of the company's performance and prospects; Develop and implement a proactive investor communications strategy and narrative, in coordination with Gilead Leadership Team, ensuring that the company's transformative business strategy and progress is understood by the analyst and investor community.
Serve as an advisor to the CFO, CEO, and other senior leaders on issues involving the public distribution of financial information and other material disclosures.
Ensure an effective two-way communication between investors and the company. Develop a clear understanding of the segment mix of investor styles and needs, identify and flag inconsistencies of business strategy with investor needs.
Strategic Partnering with Executive Management
Prepare executive management for investor events and earnings calls. Accompany and support senior executives at investor conferences and be a resource for information. Own and prepare corporate presentations and key investor messages by working with multiple functional groups.
Plan, direct and manage all activities related to the flow of financial information between the corporation and the investors community. Provides support for earnings calls, scientific conferences, and other events. Work cross-functionally to complete deliverables. Prepare press releases and maintain investor slides and Q&A documents. Work on special projects as needed. May make public presentations on the state of the company's financial position.
Develop shareholder targeting analytics and implement plan for engaging shareholders. Perform industry benchmarking that could include level of disclosure and presentation format.
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills
- Ability to decipher complex scientific data and communicate to external audiences required.
- High-level understanding of financial statements and valuation models. Possess excellent verbal, interpersonal communications, and business writing skills.
- Capable of independently writing clear, concise and error-free documents. Develop complex documents such as press releases, external company presentations, annual/quarterly reports, and brochures.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to be tactical and strategic.
- The candidate will have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and be able to be highly productive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. This position offers broad exposure to all aspects of the company’s business, as well as significant interaction with all the business leaders.
- A proven track record of leading a best-in-class investor relations program on a global level, building a strong investor relations strategy with nimble resources; Experience successfully transforming an IR strategy.
- Demonstrated financial literacy, including knowledge of capital structure, accounting, profitability measures, and operating metrics.
- Impeccable integrity and judgment skills, to be able to deal with sensitive financial information and make recommendations to the CEO and CFO.
- Demonstrated success in building and elevating analyst coverage in an effort of continued corporate growth.
- An outstanding, highly-articulate, creative and persuasive communicator; a thought partner to the CEO and CFO and continuously strive to improve the investor story. Provide recommendations to Gilead’s executive leadership team, and represent the Company to varied stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an eye for details.
- Ability to work with cross-functional/multi-cultural teams.
- A high standard of integrity and ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in an analyst or investor relations role.
BS or BA required
PhD and/or MBA preferred
Biotech or healthcare experience
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.