For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
R & D Info Systems Manager: Support Operations
This position is in the Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) department within the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (“PDM”) organization. The manager is responsible for the Support Operations team which provides 24/7 technical support for numerous computerized laboratory systems including but not limited to: Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN), and Empower™ Chromatography Data System (CDS).
The Support Operations team is composed of onsite resources across five primary sites and remote resources working either independently or based at one of two overseas call centers. The team receives requests from end-users in the form of telephone, email, or in-person requests and through a support ticketing system. Team members are expected to triage, document and resolve or escalate the requests in a timely manner based on the urgency and scale of the request. As frequently as possible, support team members are encouraged to provide support to users in the users’ workspace, promoting greater collaboration between support team members and end-users and greater insight provided to the LIS System Management teams. As a team within LIS, the Support team also assists with large scale system deployment and upgrade initiatives as appropriate.
The Manager of Support Operations is responsible for the performance of the team and for providing transparency to LIS leadership, system managers, and PDM key stakeholders through regular communication and use of performance metrics.
- Lead a matrix team of 15-25 professional services contractors providing Level-2 technical support to PDM users of LIS-managed systems.
- Manage an outsourced service agency providing Level-1 support to PDM users for both LIS-managed systems and enterprise IT systems.
- Develop and leverage metrics and KPIs to demonstrate the successes and opportunities in the Support Team’s performance: making and enabling data-driven decisions.
- Ensure in-person support is delivered regularly by each team member and that significant insight regarding user experience, usability, efficiency and performance is captured and reported to appropriate system managers.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with LIS System Management teams to provide insight to end-user feedback and assist in the prioritization of system development initiatives.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with PDM key stakeholders o the Support Operations team performance.
- Summarize system management feedback Support Operations team performance and present to LIS departmental leadership regularly.
- Ensures the team is operating in accordance with all documented procedures and reports any observed possible deviation from documented SOPs or Work Instructions.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience, OR a Master’s Degree with a minimum of four (4) years of experience.
- Experience in managing a technical support organization supporting various software applications.
- Experience leading a team within a complex organizational structure
- Understanding of the regulatory requirements in the area of pharmaceutical development and manufacturing.
- Ticket Management using ServiceNow or other industry standard technical support ticketing systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel to sort, understand and present data.
- Experience Using, Managing, and/or supporting Laboratory Information Systems like LIMS, ELN, Empower and other applications.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service within a technical support or similar role.
- Experience working in a cGMP, GLP or GCP environment.
- Experience migrating performance metrics from manually collected and calculated through Excel into more automated data visualization systems like OBIEE, or Tableau.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, coordination, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Strong leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and technical skills.
- Detailed oriented, systematic and rapid learner.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.