Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Associate Director, ESG Impact and Reporting
Thoughtful Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) programs position companies to adapt to regulatory changes and provide a framework for articulating their purpose to prospective employees, investors, local communities, non-profit organizations and other constituencies. At Gilead, we define ESG issues as a commitment to developing innovative solutions to global health challenges while at the same time building our business sustainably. Gilead seeks a motivated individual who can support our efforts to ensure that Gilead continues to positively contribute to patients and communities globally.
• Manage the agenda, draft meeting minutes and create presentations for monthly and quarterly engagements with CSR working group and committee
• Ensure that ESG data and transparency requirements are well organized and disclosed in line with various external frameworks and reporting methodologies
• Communicate achievements and priorities to internal and external audiences and engage corporate communications to ensure branding and content alignment
• Track progress across various ESG goals and commitments and define an approach to providing regular updates to internal stakeholders
• Develop a multi-year ESG roadmap that reflects Gilead’s ambition level and defines key milestones
• Coordinate ESG data collection supporting various projects (e.g. annual report, ESG surveys) by engaging subject matter experts in various departments
• Anticipate ESG trends by engaging in external forums and tracking real-time developments while also providing internal updates related to CSR growth opportunities
• Support ESG program and project-based efforts on an as needed basis (e.g. short-term initiatives and one-time projects)
• Refine, develop and organize ESG related content on Gilead.com to ensure content is current, relevant and able to be leveraged to various audiences
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Minimum 10 years+ experience in positions relevant to public affairs, corporate responsibility, sustainability or governance, ideally in the pharmaceutical and/or
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with ability to advise on emerging trends and stakeholder needs
• Understanding of ESG principles and governing frameworks and a strong desire to reflect Gilead’s corporate values within the broader ESG construct
• Strong analytical skills, as evidenced by the ability to identify performance gaps, communicate the risk or opportunity, and develop action plans to mitigate or amplify a given issue
• Ability to interact with senior internal leaders and external stakeholders to ensure that Gilead’s ESG strategy and priorities are articulately communicated
• Bachelor’s degree in related field such as business, communications or sustainability is required
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.