Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of more than 12,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 25 marketed products that are benefitting millions of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Associate Director, PDM FP&A
This position will play a key role in partnering with the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) organization and will be based in Foster City, Ca. The individual will drive business partnering with leaders in the PDM organization and lead the forecast and budget process, decision support and analysis, management reporting and process improvement initiatives. The individual must have the ability to interact with and present effectively to senior management in both Finance and PDM. This position reports to the Sr. Director in PDM FP&A.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Provide financial support and leadership to PDM including but not limited to the following:
- Establishes strong business partnerships with the PDM organization to provide comprehensive financial support and ongoing analytics for key strategic initiatives as well as day-to-day operations.
- Drives development of meaningful financial analyses and creates effective presentations to communicate conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Leads PDM financial consolidation for the groups supporting clinical development including planning and delivery of management reporting packages for budgeting, monthly close and other corporate requirements.
- Delivers accurate and timely management reporting to business partners to drive discussions on business trends, forecast accuracy and upcoming projects/activities.
- Drives development and implementation of key process improvement initiatives. Proactively engage with Finance colleagues and business partners to develop continuous process improvements to planning, analyses and reporting.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with internal controls, company policies and procedures including the Worldwide Controller’s Policies.
The Key Competencies for This Candidate Are:
- Business Partnership and Collaboration: The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with Finance and non-Finance business partners. The candidate should be a proactive leader exhibiting strong influencing capabilities with business partners and a willingness to maintain open and transparent communication across the organization.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/She must have the ability to lead and meet deadlines for multiple priorities and projects and take ownership of issues and resolve them in a timely manner. A “can-do” attitude is an absolute must.
- Willingness to be hands-on: the individual must have a willingness to become involved in operations to understand the processes so that the person can be viewed as the financial partner by the business.
- Provide Forward Thinking: The individual must be able to identify the interdependencies across different parts of the organization and proactively address the potential impact of issues with relevant parties.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills. These skills must be balanced by sound business judgment.
- Project Management: The candidate must possess the ability to actively manage the execution of projects that involve cross-functional stakeholders. This includes providing guidance on project scope and timelines, integrating the work of multiple teams into project deliverables, and ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverable.
- Team Leadership: The candidate must demonstrate the ability to align and motivate a team to achieve objectives including financial results, timely and accurate reporting, transparency, and controls.
- Change Leadership: The candidate must possess a desire to proactively pursue continuous
improvements and guide the team in challenging the status quo to gain efficiencies and raise the
quality of deliverables.
Knowledge, Experience and Skillsets:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Finance, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility. 4+ years of supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry or supporting manufacturing is preferred. Experience in multi-national organization a plus.
- A BS or BA is required and a CPA is preferred. MBA is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Experience with project reporting, operational accounting and reporting is required.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Must have proficiency with Oracle and Hyperion and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. SAP experience is a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.