Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
We are seeking an Associate Director to support the further enhancement of Healthcare Compliance-related Systems within Gilead’s Global Compliance program. This role will be based in Foster City, U.S. and will report to the Global Head of Transparency and Systems. The Associate Director will be working collaboratively with other members of the Compliance and Legal teams to optimize and streamline the use of technology and digital tools.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- GRC Platform – This role will be responsible for implementation of a new platform for global use in Compliance/Legal. It includes developing strategy to determine optimum use for auto-approvals, communicating, assigning and tracking tasks
- Events Management System – Assist and support IT, Commercial, Medical Affairs and global affiliates to ensure the successful roll-out of the events management planning tool to satisfy compliance requirements
- Global Transparency System – Understanding data sources globally and assist with streamlining processes to increase data quality and effectiveness. Assist and support with the roll-out of a new global transparency platform late 2021
- Customer Master Data - Understanding the impact of master data for global transparency and monitoring needs, working with global customer master stakeholders to ensure accuracy of data
- Strategic Partner – Participate in and support strategic planning around healthcare compliance system-related needs
- Other - Assist on any other tasks or assignments as required by line management
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Gilead is looking for an individual who is experienced in the development and implementation of systems in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry. Ideally the successful candidate will have gained exposure to working within an organization with a US-based headquarters. The candidate must have a strong background and exposure to compliance-related systems, with knowledge of global requirements preferred.
Detailed requirements include:
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must have excellent analytical skills and comfort with multiple data sets, with the ability to draw conclusions and make informed recommendations
- Ability to clearly map process and data flows between systems
- Track record of contributions and professional growth and development in prior roles, including ability to apply judgment to areas outside of core competency
- Demonstrate integrity in managing sensitive and confidential information
Education and Experience
- 6-8+ years of prior relevant experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries
- Prior experience in implementing a new system or platform
- Prior experience in streamlining processes or systems to increase efficiencies
- Requires a relevant professional degree from an internationally recognized institution
- Legal background is not required, but an interest and awareness of laws, industry codes and best practices related to global Compliance is preferred (e.g., US Federal Open Payments, GDPR, EFPIA, FCPA)
- Knowledge and exposure to Oracle EBS, SAP, Concur and Veeva
- Knowledge and experience with Tableau, Microsoft Office
The ideal candidate will be solutions- and results-orientated. S/he will display personal and professional maturity and have a strong work ethic and personal integrity.
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication skills. Must be comfortable communicating with colleagues across all functions, including Legal/IT/Finance/Commercial/Clinical/Medical Affairs
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and implement solutions
- Team player who can handle shifting priorities, multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented fast paced environment
- Motivated and willing to learn and develop new skills/area of expertise
- Consistently demonstrate and adhere to Gilead’s Core Values and create and inspire a team culture committed to the same
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.