Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Manages the Quality Control laboratory operation, ensuring laboratory processes provide high quality analytical support for manufacturing, maintenance, engineering and validation operations while ensuring compliance of protocols, GMP’s, and safety regulations.
- Leads and represents QC requirements on multiple projects.
- Actively manages a group of laboratory personnel and oversees their performance management, mentoring, and career development in line with individual strengths.
- Works with Regulatory & Quality Assurance to ensure that all procedures and applicable regulatory requirements are followed and properly documented.
- Will work on more complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors, strong judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations – typically high impact issues that have implications across functions.
- Supports and/or coordinates internal and external regulatory audits as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s OR Master’s degree in the analytical chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, pharmacology or a related discipline from an accredited university, with 10+ (Bachelor’s) OR 8+ (Master’s) years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical experience
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to analyze process, lead improvement activities, and empower staff to create a lean culture in the laboratory.
- Demonstrated people management skills required
- In-depth knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and/or Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs)
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems, and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- In-depth knowledge of QC principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards
- Keen understanding of international quality control systems regulations to adopt best in class systems/processes and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to execute against the strategic and tactical objectives provided by senior leaders both within Quality Control and outside of the function.
Additional Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in commercial Quality Control in a highly regulated manufacturing environments is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in integrating varied concepts and data to develop relevant solutions
- Demonstrated ability to create an energizing team environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with other functions on projects that involve negotiation and collaboration with cross-functional peers and more senior management levels.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.