Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
- Plans and executes assigned experiments that support non-routine development activities and project goals.
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques to support the programs.
- Troubleshoots analytical methods and lab instrumentations.
- Performs physical and chemical characterization of drug substances and drug products
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and may proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Process and interprets data. Presents findings at group meetings and technical seminars.
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel and lab analysts to develop methods.
- Develops skills in data analysis and ability to evaluate quality of data.
- Develops subject matter expertise in an analytical technique and acts as a resource for other employees within the department.
- Coordinates and monitors specific method development activities or studies within a larger project.
- Works cross-functionally with process chemistry, formulations development, analytical method validation, release and stability groups to develop drug candidates.
- Authors reports, protocols, test methods, and other documentation.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s with 8+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience, OR master’s degree with 6+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience. Degrees should be in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or a related discipline from an accredited university.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on proficiency and problem-solving skills with HPLC/UPLC, GC or other chromatographic techniques. Experience with Mass Spectrometry is highly preferred. Familiarity with spectroscopic techniques is an advantage.
- Skills and knowledge in solid-state characterization (FTIR, XRPD, DSC, TGA, PSD) is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in NMR characterization of small molecules is a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.