Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Business Conduct Manager (m/f/d)
The Business Conduct Manager (m/f/d) is a member of the German Legal/BC team and reports to the
German Head of Legal/BC. The role is vital to ensure compliance with applicable transparency
laws, regulations and transparency aspects of the relevant Codes of Practice, namely the German
Transparency code. On an equal level the role is instrumental to effectively perform Gilead's Business Conduct program by executing the regular and non-regualr business conduct monitoring activities.
The role is responsible for ensuring that high quality (i.e. accurate and complete) data are
captured from the source systems (Oracle, Concur, indirect spend) and passed through to the
AGS360 reporting system. Liaison with relevant business functions to ensure that the data are
complete and accurate is critical to the
success of the role. The role is responsible for producing disclosure reports as required for submission to the relevant authorities in Germany in line with local requirements. Equally important, the role will undertake regular and non-regular monitoring activities and analysis of the spend-related activities and interactions with HCPs, HCOs and patient organisations. The role supports the Legal/BC team in producing reports, analyses and commentary on issues and trends for business partners and senior management. The duties and job functions of this role include the activities set out below related to efficient and effective Business Conduct processes for the German affiliate.
The position is full time and based in Martinsried, Munich.
- Proactive management of transparency data flow for German recipients
- Training of relevant employees to efficiently manage data flow
- Produce regular external transparency reports
- Business Conduct and Compliance Monitoring of all relevant activities and reporting of issues topics identified
- Proper translation and communication of monitoring results for local business teams and senior management
- Identification of issues and trends in the business conduct and compliance field to address deficiencies
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- You have an advanced degree in management/law and 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- You have knowledge and profound interest in compliance, business conduct, internal audit, accounting and want to become a compliance professional in the healthcare industry
- You can demonstrate strong communications and facilitation skills
- You think analytical and result-oriented and you have a strong project management capability
- You are skilled in use of Oracle, Concur and/or similar data capture systems and advanced use of MS-Office with emphasis on MS-Excel
- You are fluent in spoken and written English and German
- You have management skills, including the ability to tranlate monitoring findings into recommendations and guidance to articulate standards and expectations as outlined in the relevant policies and codes, and ensure that these are applied consistently
- Knowledge of EFPIA Disclosure Code requirements and FSA transparency rules preferred
Gilead Core Values
• Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
• Teamwork (Working Together)
• Excellence (Being Your Best)
• Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
• Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.