Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we help to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are investing in our global commercial capabilities. In this role, you will be part of a team of agile “builders” working to establish and nurture our global ways of working and best practices across Gilead assets to maximize product potential and patient access for all markets.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Commercial Planning Lead, this role will:
- Lead the development of new commercial ways of working including business processes, division of responsibilities and handoffs, governance, competency models, etc. in collaboration with commercial and cross-functional partners
- Scope and roll out capability development initiatives (e.g., agile teaming, competency model implementation, etc) on a global scale
- Develop education and communication materials, working with Global Commercial Learning & Development, to establish a centralized knowledge library to support training and onboarding for individuals at the local, regional, and global levels
- Drive the annual strategic planning process across all therapeutic areas including the organization of global forums/meetings, ensuring collaboration with Medical partners
- Support and facilitate other functional processes impacting the global organization (e.g., POA process, LE process)
- Drive ad hoc strategic projects impacting global organization, work with CCO Chief of Staff on annual global commercial strategic plan and priorities
- Continuously collect and analyze existing data and industry best practices to ensure programs, processes and initiatives within Commercial Planning are efficient, deliver the quality guidance intended, and are aligned to the overall business strategy
- Champion program management and change management disciplines using tools and enablers to support including decision tracking, file sharing, etc.
- Proactively engage with cross-functional stakeholders to resolve issues, conflicts and interdependencies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We’re seeking a strategic, influential leader with:
- At least 12 years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry with demonstrated cross-functional collaboration and leadership
- Demonstrated ability developing pharma/biotech strategy across a range of commercial topics
- Strong leadership and self-direction, comfort and experience tackling very ambiguous and complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Deep experience in designing and deploying rigorous processes, tools, templates and governance
- Proven ability to lead collaborative and creative strategic problem solving from identifying or breaking down issues, identifying options to address, synthesizing insights influencing decisions, and driving to action and resolution
- Skilled facilitator, negotiator and counselor; ability to influence without authority and work successfully with varied audiences and executives
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex situations, illustrate conceptual paths, and facilitate discussions leading to resolution on key issues
- Background in agile teaming or management consulting highly desired
- B.A. or B.S. required, MBA and/or advanced degree in life sciences or medical degree preferred
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it’s just what we do that gives us an edge, it’s how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity – Doing What’s Right
- Inclusion – Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork – Working Together
- Accountability – Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence – Being Your Best
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.