Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Director, Global Value & Access Strategy – HIV Treatment
Foster City, CA
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world, by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Making an impact on a global scale
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV, but this expertise is just a foundation for our ambitions. As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are investing in our global commercial capabilities. In this role, you will develop and implement global market access strategies and value propositions for HIV Treatment that maximize product potential and patient access for all markets.
Reporting to the Senior Director, GV&A (Global Value & Access) HIV Treatment, our Director of GV&A Strategy Treatment will:
- Lead the development of GV&A strategy and launch plans in HIV aligned with overall product strategy, to maximize product value and ensure optimal pricing/access
- Scope will prioritize/focus on a HIV upcoming launch, but also mapping out market access strategy for future indication opportunities, collaborating with our GV&A HIV Pipeline Team
- Partner closely with Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS) and other functions to ensure alignment with global brand strategy for HIV Treatment
- Working with GV&A Pricing & Analytics lead relevant payer and competitive research to understand value perception, landscape, evolving trends, value drivers and test value messages.
- Work closely with Key Affiliates (Globally but focus on USA) to ensure optimal market access launch planning and execution and launch excellence activities
- Define evidence needs to support price/access across priority markets for launched HIV medicines, develop integrated evidence generation strategies and plans, and build evidence, materials and negotiation support needed for successful launch
- Develop value optimizing pricing strategies for future formulations and global pricing policies, and oversee implementation of pricing activities consistent with strategy
- Build V&A stakeholder engagement priorities and plans across key markets, consistent engagement timelines and messaging, developing key interaction objectives and tools to support communication with external stakeholders and monitor stakeholder engagement activities
- Participate and own V&A input in a cross-functional, cross-geography indication leadership team to co-develop indication strategy
- Partner closely with R&D, Medical Affairs, global and local commercial counterparts to ensure V&A input are incorporated into clinical development, medical affairs and commercial strategies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We’re seeking a strategic, influential leader with the following:
- At least 12 + years’ experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in market access-related activities with a Bachelors degree OR 10 + years’ experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in market access-related activities with a MS/MA degree OR 8 + years’ experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in market access-related activities with a PhD.
- MBA and/or advanced degree in life sciences or medical degree, and experience in regional/country market access is preferred
- HIV disease area experience and market knowledge an advantage
- Strong understanding of global/USA payer environment, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, formulary management, HTA and payment policy
- Global experience preferred but not essential – strong USA market and launch experience an advantage
- Strong understanding of strategic pricing, contracting and negotiation. Experience in pricing strategy and policy development
- Experience developing V&A strategies, including developing Market Access value messages, integrated evidence planning and creating tools to support implementation in key markets
- Experience with market access launch planning and execution
- Demonstrated ability to lead a Market Access Strategy working in a cross-functional team in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to lead and influence across functions and levels as well as lead cross-functional teams; skilled facilitator, negotiator and counselor
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it’s just what we do that gives us an edge, it’s how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity – Doing What’s Right
- Inclusion – Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork – Working Together
- Accountability – Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence – Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.