Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Our heritage of science and innovation and the curiosity and passion of everyone who works here has enabled us to provide medicines that help transform standards of care for more than 30 years. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include liver diseases, infectious diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a cross-functional team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment as a Director, Gilead Oncology in the Medical Affairs department and report to the Senior Director, Medical Affairs.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the safe and appropriate use of Gilead medicines
- Improve the standard of clinical care for patients living with cancer
- Lead the Gilead Oncology medical team
- Serve as internal and external scientific expert in the therapy area, healthcare landscape, and data on Gilead and competitor medicines
- Oversee and provide strategic leadership to the development and execution of the ANZ Medical Affairs plan to support the Gilead oncology franchise, setting defined goals and objectives
- Partner with colleagues and serve as the internal medical affairs representative in the cross-functional therapeutic team
- Working with the Senior Director, Medical Affairs plan and allocate Gilead Oncology Medical Affairs resources and budgets
- Recruit, manage and develop staff for ANZ Gilead Oncology team
- Ensure effective cross-functional collaborations with internal and external customers, including the Foster City Medical Affairs team, Marketing, Sales, Market Access, Clinical Research, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Finance, Legal
- Maintain a high level of scientific presence in the ANZ oncology medical community, through: leadership at major international and national meetings, congresses and symposia regional and national advisory boards, regular communication and compliant responses with key opinion leaders, investigators, and research organizations
- Evaluate and effectively communicate Gilead ANZ clinical data to support the Gilead Oncology
- Provide medical and scientific oversight to publications, scientific presentations
- Oversee collaborative medical education and speaker training
- Support Gilead Oncology data generation activities through:
- Strategically develop Ph 3b and 4 clinical trials to address unmet medical needs in ANZ region
- Critical review of global ISR, Ph3 and Ph4 study proposals as a member of the MAST committee
- Serve as medical monitor to Gilead sponsored Phase 4 trials as needed
- Review abstracts and/or manuscripts that result from ISR grants
- Oversee the medical and scientific review of promotional materials for Gilead Oncology treatments, and serve as an official signatory
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- The ideal candidate will be an MD, PharmD or PhD with clinical practice and pharmaceutical experience in oncology in general, solid tumours (especially breast cancer) and haematological malignancies in particular
- Solid experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with prior supervisory/leadership and people development experience
- Demonstrate organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a team environment.
- Travel to domestic and international conferences, including weekends
- In depth knowledge of regulatory affairs and drug safety
- In depth knowledge of local pharmaceutical industry, business conduct and legal/health system environment
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.