Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Commercial Excellence, this individual will drive Commercial Operations excellence in the Region 2 within the ACE organization (Portugal, Greece, Czech/Slovakia, Poland, EE12 and Turkey). Will secure a strong connection between countries and Global Commercial Operations (GCO). He/she will partner with country Com. Ops. leads, GMs and Regional VP, becoming a key contributor to the Regional Leadership team.
This role will be responsible for supporting all aspects of Commercial Operations in the markets within Region 2. The candidate will be accountable for ensuring critical Commercial Operations capabilities are delivered to key countries in the region, including Commercial planning, Commercial Excellence - Sales & Marketing Operations-, Digital & Innovation, Analytics & Insights, Commercial Learning & Development and Trade Ops. The Director will work closely with the Region 2 Com Ops Leads of each country, GMs and the VP head of the Region to ensure that services are rendered appropriately, and the quality of commercial operations deliverables is consistently high.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
Specific responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following:
· Builds strong links with the country leadership team and Commercial Operations heads.
· Understands and challenges countries’ needs & priorities in the Commercial Operations area. Supports the development of robust Country Commercial Operations plans with a focus on the identified needs and priorities.
· Acts as the point contact person for markets to coordinate asks for and from GCO.
· Brings GCO programs to countries helping execution and/or bridging with the specific GCO function as required and as per project. Fosters innovation and creativity in the implementation of the GCO initiatives.
· Becomes a key partner and a strong contributor to the Regional Leadership team.
· Develops and leads the Regional vision and roadmap in the area of Commercial Operations including: Commercial Planning, Commercial Excellence, Digital, A&I, CL&D and Trade Operations.
· Initiates and leads cross-country/above country projects in the area of Commercial Operations that align to the Regional needs.
· Contributes above country to the processes/activities that supports business planning & reporting led by finance lead and Regional head.
· Leads the necessary networks across countries within the Region and facilitate best practices adoption and execution.
· Identify cross country trends /innovative solutions applied in markets, and evaluate opportunities arising for all markets.
· Gathers ideas and needs from countries and voice those to the GCO team.
· Builds strong links with the GCO functions.
· Supports Global Com. Exc. contributing and/or leading specific projects as required.
This individual will:
· Builds strong links between GCO functions and Commercial Operations heads.
· Serves as point person for markets to coordinate asks for and from global Commercial Operations.
· Become a key partner and contributor to the Regional Leadership team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· 12+ years in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry including expertise in commercial operations, commercial strategy or planning, sales and/or marketing effectiveness roles.
· Progressive experience in commercial operations. A broad understanding across the areas of GCO, Commercial excellence, commercial planning Digital, A&I and CL&D.
· Commercial roles with increasing responsibilities and accountabilities. Must be able to establish credibility as a successful commercial leader.
· Experience in both global and local markets desirable.
· Broad knowledge of Gilead TAs; product launch experience desirable.
· Experience operating in high complex matrixes engaging cross-functional and x-country teams and developing deep collaborations with partners as well as senior leadership.
· Behaves with high level of autonomy – identifies and challenges needs, acting accordingly initiating projects with impact on business outcomes.
· Resourceful strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence and operational rigor.
· Comfort and experience tackling ambiguous and complex problems. Must be able to lead and influence without authority.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, facilitate, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines.
· Demonstrated excellence in program management, project management, change management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
Job can be perform from any European location. No need for relocation
Travel requirement of 70% of the time approximately
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.