Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Director Sales Force Effectiveness and Business Analytics (m/f/d)
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
We are looking for a high-level individual contributor who manages projects of significant complexity, requiring cross-functional collaboration to join our German affiliate, Gilead Sciences GmbH.
This role covers a broad range of forecasting, market research and sales force effectiveness topics and lead of the department business analysis and sales force effectiveness.
In this role the candidate will be exposed to GM, Business Units, Marketing, Sales, Market Access and the global organisation, thus will have a high visibility.
As Associate Director Sales Force Effectiveness and Business Analytics you will play a significant part in designing new ways of working and make a real impact on how the department will contribute to the success of Gilead.
Our German affiliate, Gilead Sciences GmbH, is located in Martinsried, near Munich.
- Leads the Business Analytics and Sales Force Effectiveness department
- Together with the Senior Director Commercial Operations streamlines forecasting, market research and sales force effectiveness
- Owns national + provincial analytics, forecasting process & capabilities & market research capability
- Collaborates and partners with internal commercial leads on defining assumptions, generating inputs and outputs, measure & monitor key performance indicators and delivering insight that supports achievement of commercial goals
- Create high performing team by providing strong leadership, hiring, developing and retaining top talent, with the ability to motivate and engage individuals
- Oversees team to ensure development and delivery of annual market research, forecasting and reporting plans to support commercial objectives for enterprise and TA’s
- Proactively builds and engages global / ACE network to leverage and align with process, frameworks, tools and methodologies. Champions Gilead Germany within these forums and local implementation of change initiatives impacting function
- Selects and manages vendors, ensure are adding value to department and commercial teams. (across, Data, market research, analytics)
- Presents recommendations and findings to various stakeholders within the Commercial organization
- Applies strategic thinking and communicates highly complex analytical processes in a clear and concise manner
- Independently leads high profile projects
- Establishes and maintains business relationships in key segments of the Commercial organization, consistently demonstrating a thorough understanding of internal customers’ business needs.
- Interacts with internal customers ranging from executives to Commercial management to field sales.
- Audits written SOPs and documentation of all newly established processes
- Ensures close alignment with Digital Infrastructure & Analytics to enable seamless omni-channel approach
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Has experience in a pharmaceutical environment, with a solid understanding of principles relating to area of specialization.
- Has experience in leading a highly motivated and skilled team
- Has experience in forecasting, market research and pharmaceutical sales force effectiveness
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of relevant software systems and platform
- Bachelors in Business, Economics, Finance or related field plus relevant experience in primary market research, statistical analysis, IT platforms, reporting tools, sales/marketing analysis, SFE, sales force reporting and in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Masters/MBA a plus
- Able to recognize and interpret business issues/opportunities and recommend solutions through analysis.
- Able to assume full responsibility for accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of deliverables completed
- Able to effectively communicate technical and qualitative information to non-technical executives through interpersonal, verbal, and written channels.
- Able to manage projects and multi-task in a deadline-intensive environment.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams or work groups as well as direct reports.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, ability to influence broad range of internal stakeholders throughout organization
- Proven superior planning & project management skills, routinely anticipates and plans for alternative/unlikely scenarios.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.