Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
The Sales & Marketing Director role has accountability for the strategy, planning and implementation of all commercial activities across the Hepatitis portfolio. The Sales & Marketing Director manages a team of Marketing and Sales professionals and leads the cross-functional team to deliver the commercial objectives.
The Sales & Marketing Director reports to the General Manager and is a member of the leadership team.
- Lead the cross-functional team to exceed the agreed commercial objectives
- Accountable for the development and execution of the commercial strategy and tactical plans for Liver Diseases portfolio throughout the lifecycle, including leading the launch preparation and market development for the pipeline products.
- Deliver operational excellence in marketing & sales efforts and business/forecast planning
- Establish productive working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders to be recognised as a preferred partner in improving quality of Liver Disease care
- Partner with Government Affairs, Market Access, Regulatory Affairs and Medical Affairs to ensure the success of the portfolio.
- Be role model for the Gilead values of excellence, integrity, accountability, inclusion and teamwork, as well as the Leadership Team focus areas of Courage and Unity.
- Coach and develops direct reports and cross-functional teams to achieve sustained growth and success.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
In order to be successful in this challenging position, the ideal candidate should possess the following key competencies and experience:
- Pharmaceutical industry experience with expertise in marketing & sales strategy and operations, demonstrated by 5+ years managing and leading both sales and marketing teams.
- International Experience with 2+ years working in a Global or Regional role or in context of above country project teams is a plus.
- Relevant knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare market, and experience and knowledge of the reimbursement system.
- Demonstrated track record of success, as demonstrated by successful product launches and sustained performance in a competitive market.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing multi-channel business plans, including leading digital marketing initiatives
- Previous experience managing budgets to meet financial targets and an understanding of revenue forecasting, expense budget planning and tracking.
- Excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills, internally and externally
- Good communication and presentation skills, with experience presenting to senior executives.
- A tertiary qualification in Science, Business or health related fields.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.