Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Executive Director, Government Pricing and Commercial Contracting
The Executive Director, Government Pricing and Commercial Contracting , based in Foster City, CA, has the primary responsibility for the oversight of the Commercial and Government teams across all payer segments as it relates to U.S Pricing, Price Reporting and Contracting. In this role, you would report directly to the Vice President of Managed Markets Strategy & Operations. This exciting leadership role offers the right candidate the opportunity to significantly impact patient access to life-saving therapies.
- Responsible for the development of contracting strategies for all US brands including both new products and existing products in various stages of their lifecycle. Oversee the implementation of key approved contracting strategies.
- Lead key contracting decision-making forums and serve on various US pricing and contracting-related committees, including US Pricing Committee (USPC).
- Provide key input and insight into Gross to Net (GTN) calculations and revenue planning.
- Lead all aspects of the statutory price reporting obligations of various government segments (including, but not limited to AMP, ASP, BP and NFAMP/FCP).
- Provide leadership and input to the evaluation of new contracts across segments and coordinate the development of contract evaluation recommendations and analysis.
- Collaborate with Gilead Government Affairs and Policy teams on initiatives
- Establish standard methodologies across the Pricing & Contracting teams to ensure operational efficiency, accuracy and compliance in day to day work.
- Support the strategic direction of key technology solutions and support the change management process as necessary
- Work across Gilead with key partners to ensure transparency and collaboration into key decisions (Legal, Finance, Accounting, Brand Team Leads, etc).
- Provides personnel management of a team of individuals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, finance or related field.
- 16 years’ experience in management consulting, business, or pharma/biotech sales, finance and marketing or 14 years’ experience with an advanced degree
- Must be able to work in an environment with changing priorities and have strong project management skills
- Demonstrate strong US payer knowledge, payer contracting frameworks and decision making
- Strong knowledge of government statutory price reporting methodologies and systems
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on time management, follow-through, and issue recognition abilities
- Ability to influence decision-makers through incisive analysis and persuasive communication
- Strong working knowledge of healthcare industry-related datasets (e.g., IMS, WKH, NCPDP, etc.)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.