Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Global Talent, Development and Inclusion Partner
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
About the role:
The Global Talent, Development & Inclusion Partner will serve as a key strategic partner to one of our global business units; R&D, Commercial, Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing or Corporate Functions. This role will partner with the HR Business partner and key business leaders to develop an integrated talent strategy for the Business Unit to ensure the business delivers value both now and for the future. The TD&I Partner will act as a thought leader, strategist and integrator. They will play a critical role in ensuring strong diagnosis of business needs, while collaborating across the Center of Excellence and other people practices to both develop meaningful strategies and approaches and ensure alignment with and input to enterprise priorities.
This role reports to the VP, Talent, Diversity and Inclusion and is located in Foster City, California.
- Partners with business area HR leader to develop an integrated talent strategy (including ongoing tracking, management and learning) that reflect business strategy requirements. Identifies critical implications for talent, culture, diversity and inclusion and organizational health.
- Leverages customer insights and data analytics to inform strategy, track progress and support decision making.
- Provides oversight of talent, development and inclusion practices, tools and projects to support the business unit strategy.
- Ensures a coordinated approach to business area input to enterprise strategies and approaches.
- Provides input to the TDI and HR priorities and strategic direction, to ensure business unit needs are reflected.
- Supports flow of talent across functions, geographies and business areas to build succession and long-term development.
- Collaborates across BUs to ensure shared insight, learning and opportunity for operating collectively.
- Ensures an integrated/ seamless talent and organization development experience to the HRBP, Business leaders, etc.
- Takes the lead in ensuring HR and business leader have the capability to deliver against the integrated talent strategy.
- Leadership: At least 10 years of experience in various people functions across business units; experience across talent management/acquisition, rewards, employee relations, organizational design, inclusion & diversity, and culture is beneficial.
- Industry Experience: Experience within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry preferred.
- Analytical Expertise: Utilizing data-driven approaches to develop insight and diagnose opportunities, as well as inform decision making.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated understanding of strategic and operational drivers of business performance.
- Global mindset: The ideal candidate will bring global experience, having partnered with teams across geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence across a matrixed, global organization, responding quickly to change and adapting/operating in ambiguous environment.
- Ability to leverage data and insights to diagnose, define focus and align opportunities. Takes a systems view to challenges and opportunities.
- Takes a proactive, long term perspective in design and development of strategies to meet business needs.
- Seeks diverse perspectives, experiences and insight; creates an environment of trust and openness.
- Fosters diverse and inclusive teams. Leverages the power of diversity within teams and creates an environment where new ideas and challenges are welcome.
- Has a customer focused approach and embeds into mindset, practice and methodology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; is able to simplify and integrate complex concepts and ideas.
- Demonstrates development focus by seeking feedback and acting on it and providing feedback to others.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In
order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of
the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job
application process may contact [email protected] for assistance. For more information about equal
employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.