Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences is currently seeking an experienced Finance leader for its regional Asia headquarters based in Hong Kong with responsibility for Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan and Korea. The Head of Finance for Asia 5 position based in Hong Kong is a critical role within the Asia 5 Regional leadership team as well as the regional Finance leadership team. The Head of Finance for Asia 5 will report to the Executive Director Intercontinental Finance and support the Vice President and General Manager of the Asia 5 region.
The Head of Finance for Asia 5 will also be responsible for developing and ensuring engagement of the Finance team, leading to enhanced business performance in the critical markets.
Key responsibilities include:
Is an effective and aligned member of the Asia 5 leadership team working cross functionally to ensure that business performance is optimized. Works with senior management teams to produce stretch but deliverable budgets and forecasts and provides high quality analysis to support projections and any variances to local management, the Intercontinental Region and U.S. headquarters. Acts as a counsel to the General Manager on all key business decisions. Keeps abreast of business issues by monitoring and understanding changes in business environment particularly as they relate to healthcare in Asia.
Champions compliance across the organization and region while taking into account the multiple country specific financial regulations and controls. Ensures that the working relationship between the business and the CFO organization is proactive and focused on improving process efficiency and accuracy. Ensures the highest standards of financial control and compliance within the region and affiliates in line with the Gilead Controller’s Manual. Ensures all local statutory reporting, tax audits as well as internal and external audits and ensures compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Builds, leads and develops a high quality finance team within the Asia 5 region ensuring staff have robust and stretch development plans. Is a pro-active member of the Finance Leadership Team setting the strategic direction for Finance in the region.
- Strong technical finance experience internationally including US GAAP.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, management and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with multiple functions.
- Previous experience of senior regional finance roles with a strong aptitude for business partnering within a senior management team.
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional teams.
- Good written and spoken English language skills.
- 14+ years of relevant experience and a BA or BS degree.
- Strong people management experience.
- Experience in a multi-national company.
- Chartered accountant or CPA certification preferred.
- MBA degree preferred.
- Pharmaceutical or Biotech experience preferred.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.