Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Covering: Los Angeles South, Las Vegas, Hawaii
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes
innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the
care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster
City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, and Australia. We are committed
to transforming the promise of science and technology into therapies that can make a meaningful
difference in patients’ lives. We are passionate about advancing treatments for – and potentially
curing – some of the world’s most challenging and complex illnesses and bringing these scientific
innovations to people in need. Focus on areas of high unmet needs, including HIV, HBV, HCV,
Oncology, Inflammatory & Infectious diseases.
The Institutional Sales Specialist is assigned a specific geographic territory to advance the understanding, access, retention, and usage of our products. The Institutional Specialist develops, maintains, and utilizes a high level of product and disease knowledge to promote Gilead products' appropriate use to targets with mentorship from the Regional Director to achieve and/or exceed sales and earnings for Gilead.
• Represent Gilead’s products and services to a defined customer base, generate and grow sales, and consistently achieve or exceed sales targets within a specific geographic area.
• Develop an understanding of the sales issues and opportunities unique to each geography within their assigned territory.
• A key focus is the pull-through protocols/formulary placement/procedures at the IDN/Hospital System and partner hospitals.
• Engage with multidisciplinary customers, using a total office call approach.
• Use your comprehensive understanding of Gilead and competitor products in this therapeutic area and in-depth knowledge of the anti-viral disease state's complexities.
• Develop and implement a territory business plan to meet critical institutional customer needs and achieve business goals.
• Generate and grow sales and consistently achieve and/or exceed sales targets for important institutions within a specific geographic area.
• Achieve access, development, and management of the business relationship with assigned institutions and key opinion leaders.
• Focus on maintaining an open dialogue with influential leaders within critical institutions.
• Primary responsibility for planning and implementing speaker programs and educational opportunities for key institutional account targets to ensure Gilead’s Infectious Disease product uptake.
• Understand, coordinate and resolve product access AND reimbursement issues and issues with local specialty pharmacies.
• Actively promotes Gilead products' appropriate use to critical accounts following Corporate, PhRMA, and OIG guidelines.
• Demonstrates leadership among peers by consistent application and modeling of the appropriate compliance, behavior, and conduct.
• Reports adverse events to Gilead’s Drug Safety and Public Health department and other internal departments as per the required guidelines.
• Work collaboratively with Medical Scientists, Therapeutic Specialists, Marketing, and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects related to specific accounts or institutions.
• Compliance with Gilead commercial compliance policy, and all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration’s implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector General’s Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
• Assists in identifying and resolving issues, opportunities, and competitive activities to appropriate members of the marketing and/or sales management teams.
• Performs all administrative functions required of the position, including reporting call activity and customer information into the appropriate call reporting system promptly, submitting expenses, etc.
• Possess superior selling and influence skills focused on highly competitive markets.
• Possess a strong ability to build trust, along with proven ability to lead and influence customers, achieve department, operations teams, and company goals
• Aptitude for rapid learning and retention of technical and scientific product-related information
• Ability to grasp sophisticated reimbursement and/or distribution processes
• Ability to interact and partner with organizations that impact/influence the prescribing process (e.g. Specialty Pharmacies) and help resolve product access issues
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Must be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy to partner where appropriate.
Specific Education and Experience
• A minimum of 7 years of specialty pharmaceutical/healthcare sales experience with experience selling in an institutional environment or 5 years with MA/MS
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree required
• Previous successful product launch experience in a highly driven environment in Infectious disease or critical care experience is preferred.
• Experience pulling through protocols/formulary placement/procedures at the IDN/Hospital System Parent Account and partner hospitals, engaging with multidisciplinary customers at these accounts.
• Proven and consistent track record of meeting/exceeding sales objectives, preferably in specialty markets
• Anti-Viral therapeutic area sales experience is highly preferred.
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.