Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Manager, Commercial Operations - Foster City, CA
Gilead Sciences Inc. is seeking a Manager, Commercial Operations to take the lead in managing Gilead’s day-to-day administration and processing of all Managed Care Commercial/Medicare Part D contract payments, in support of the contract development activities of the Managed Markets Strategy & Operations group. This group is responsible for managing and supporting Gilead’s strategies with national and regional Managed Markets accounts in order to provide appropriate patient access to Gilead’s products. This position has primary ownership of maintaining strong relationships with Payers and ensuring that all contract payments and associated reporting are completed on time and follow established policies and procedures.
Position: Manage people and projects, and function as a rebate data subject matter expert to ensure proper data validation, verification of contract compliance, rebate processing, and payment to protect Gilead from revenue leakage.
Duties and Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Ability to manage people and special projects as needed. Remain flexible and adaptive to changing business requirements and processes.
- Create, drive, and analyze day to day operational reports and metrics to ensure adherence of contracts to expected service levels, identify / communicate program trends.
- Review and validate customer submissions within an appropriate timeframe to ensure data is accurate to allow Gilead to properly process and pay on time. Track all submissions and payments through Gilead systems (SharePoint, Model N, Validata, OIMS) to proactively build in lead time to execute rebate payments.
- Proactively research and analyze payment variances and trends to find outliers and resolve root causes for potential upstream errors or market activity.
- Work with external customers and internal stakeholders to resolve disputes in a timely manner and to Gilead’s advantage whenever practical.
- Use statistical methods to gather and analyze data, create reports and recommend potential adjustments based on variance analysis.
- Function as a subject matter expert and technical resource on rebating systems/tools.
- Support the development and maintenance of policies and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance.
- Effectively interact with various key internal and external stakeholders (i.e. Customers, Contract/Account managers, Strategy and Analytics, FP&A, A/P, legal, 3rd party consultants, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with the team to accomplish departmental goals.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7 + years of experience in biotech, pharmaceutical or the healthcare industry (5 + years with an MA/MS).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Basic knowledge of Tableau is preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required to ensure ability to interact with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven analytical experience and critical thinking skills are required.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage rebate payment processing across channels and customers, including Commercial plans, Medicare Part D, Medicaid and Health Exchanges, with limited supervision to meet deadlines and exercise sound judgements in a fast-paced environment.
- Invoice processing and customer service skills are required with an emphasis on time management, prompt follow-through, and being proactive.
- Working knowledge of various claim processing principles, documentation requirements, and
processing systems is required.
- Basic knowledge of Model N and/or Validata is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of health plans, PBMs, and pharmacy business is a plus.
- Data management skills and ability to analyze information to properly communicate relevant data to both internal and external stakeholders is required.
- Demonstrate decision making skills, ability to work collaboratively in a team structure, as
well as ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues by self with minimum guidance is
- Effectively develop solutions to complex problems with minimal tools and guidance.
- Demonstrate understanding and interpretation of contract language.
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it’s just what we do that gives us an edge, it’s how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity – Doing What’s Right
- Inclusion – Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork – Working Together
- Accountability – Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence – Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.