Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
The Manager of Global Trade Compliance will be directly responsible for overseeing and managing day-to-day Trade Compliance operations within the European Union as well as providing guidance and support to regional managers within the countries that Gilead exports to from Ireland. She/He must have extensive knowledge in all aspects relating to Importing, Exporting, Global Trade Compliance including Tariff Classification, Customs Valuation and rules for determining Preferential vs Non-preferential Origin. While not essential, experience working in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry would be advantageous. In addition, he/she must have extensive knowledge of duty reduction and elimination programs within the European Union and be willing to learn the governing Custom laws of the US and Canada.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
• Provide day to day tactical support for Gilead’s Finish Drug distribution and API logistics.
• Manage Gilead’s Global Trade Compliance requirements, including establishing and managing projects and process developments that address all global compliance requirements and needs.
• Manage import/export processes and develop effective internal controls to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Act as subject matter expert and advisor regarding compliant importation of goods, staying abreast of new import/export regulations and programs that may impact the business.
• Through collaboration with GTC leadership, continue to implement and solidify corporate customs & trade policies, procedures and guide the strategy regarding global customs planning and compliance within Gilead.
• Collaborate and align with relevant functions e.g. IT, supply chain, finance, tax, logistics etc.
• Be an internal strategic partner to a wider Gilead business as commercial and business decisions are being made.
• Draft, negotiate and advise on international trade provisions of contracts and Incoterms for international purchasing and licensing agreements.
• Manage global customs compliance risk, operate as the lead advisor on customs compliance topics, manage AEO and Inward Processing while continuing to drive duty optimization activities.
• Continually train Gilead employees on a wide range of Trade Compliance topics and requirements
• Develop staff by educating in defined areas of import/export compliance as needed by the business structure.
Oversee site compliance with special trade programs, including Free Trade Agreements (FTA).
• Develop and implement Compliance Improvement Plans, as needed, to address and correct issues identified during corporate import/export compliance assessments.
• Review opportunities for cost reductions and recommend to management team.
• Develop and foster relationships with internal departments, plant and warehouse operations, finance, R&D and other areas involved in import/export activities.
Maintain proper import/export recordkeeping controls to ensure compliance with the requirements
of the EU Customs Code.
• Responsible for performing Internal Compliance Audits as well as managing all external Global Customs audits and requests for information and correspondence with Global Customs Authorities.
• Responsible for overseeing audits from EU customs authorities.
• Oversee appointed Gilead customs brokers within the EU including the effective management of performance and costs.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Significant years of relevant experience in related field and a bachelor’s degree with emphasis in International Trade, Business Administration, Finance or Information Systems.
• Implementing, managing, and collaborating on trade compliance programs.
• Conducting risk assessments and evaluating effectiveness of internal controls for global trade.
• Identifying compliance gaps and recommending process improvements for global supply chain.
• Known for communicating effectively with compliance management and business leaders and teams, including excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work cross functionally with multiple departments simultaneously.
• Ability to influence internal and external partners without direct authority utilizing excellent collaboration skills.
• Strong technical knowledge of customs laws and regulations.
• Reputation for providing sound oversight, advice, and counsel on import / export compliance issues.
• Self-Motivated / Ability to work with limited supervision
• Working knowledge of Oracle is an advantage
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.