Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of more than 12,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 25 marketed products that are benefitting millions of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The Manager, Investor Relations (IR) is a critical member of the Investor Relations team that communicates Gilead’s research programs, commercial and financial performance to the investment community. Reporting to the Senior Director of Investor Relations, the Manager, IR will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of the investor relations program. The role will require a keen understanding of the public and private investment markets and importantly, Gilead’s financial performance, products, pipeline, operations and corporate strategy to help make decisions that contribute to the company's strategic goals.
Investor Relations draws broadly upon multiple disciplines, including finance, communications, marketing and science. We are looking for an extremely organized, detail oriented and motivated professional with strong communication skills.Investor Community Engagement
- Develop a deep understanding of communications principles specific to buyside and sellside investor audiences
- Perform competitive and cross divisional analysis of the industry peers and monitor public disclosures from investor presentations, conferences, press releases, etc.
- Support scientific conference communications with the investment community
- Learn and master Investor Relations best practices including principles of materiality and fair disclosure
- Prepare deep dives, presentations, and reports for senior leadership, including: analyses of financial and stock performance, peer benchmarking, analyst research, investor interactions and Wall Street consensus
- Support the creation of materials related to the quarterly earnings call, including: investor presentation, fact sheet, Q&A development, financial back-up, post-event reporting, earnings press release, scripts and transcript reviews, as well as other ad hoc analytical requests
- Build strong internal networks with groups including Public Affairs, FP&A, Corporate Accounting, Treasury, Legal, Commercial, Clinical Development, and Medical to prepare press releases, Investor Relations slides and Q&A documents
- Engage with others throughout the company to cultivate deep subject matter expertise across product areas and remain current on all company and competitor business activities to effectively articulate the company’s growth strategy and competitive advantages
- Support communication of industry/market news and analyst research to internal stakeholders
- Contribute to both external and internal awareness and education projects by staying on top of market dynamics, the competitive landscape, and emerging scientific areas
- 7 years relevant experience with a BS/BA or 5 years with Masters
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled in moving from analysis to action
- Great project management skills with attention to detail
- Able distill complex scientific and business information into clear and effective statements
- Work effectively with colleagues across the organization and build credibility with senior leadership
- Able to handle competing priorities in a dynamic environment and have a “roll up the sleeves” attitude
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced scientific degree or business degree
- Biopharma or healthcare experience
- Financial modeling and valuation experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.