Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Manager - Project Management, Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing
With the commitment and drive you bring to the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining PDM at Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Specific Responsibilities for the Position:
This role will be responsible for managing the PDM technology systems portfolio, working with different organizations such as Quality, Analytical, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and IT. Additionally, this role may support PDM’s portfolio reporting for products and business processes.
Main duties consist of the following:
- Portfolio management, aggregated status reporting, interaction with multiple project managers, portfolio rationalization, business case, budget tracking, project success measurement and effectiveness checks. Manage the intake of project requests, assessment, scoring, and prioritization
- Develop methodologies and metrics to define and measure project success. This includes project cost, meeting timelines and deliverables, quality of service, effectiveness of change management, and measure of adoption. Apply these success measures on recently completed or completing projects, assess value, and refine. Use techniques such as surveys, polling, and direct personnel interactions to gather data and conduct effectiveness checks
- Manage specific systems implementation projects. These technologies facilitate laboratory, quality, supply chain, collaboration, content and knowledge within the department and with external third-party partners.
- Update the content of SharePoint site(s) communicating PDM portfolio projects, status, and contacts
- Utilize change management and communications methodologies or frameworks to improve how
stakeholders are informed of system releases and changes. Provide thought leadership on ways to
increase change adoption
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a BA or BS or; 4+ years of relevant experience and a MS or MBA. Relevant experience consists of a Program or Portfolio Management role within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with a focus on information systems.
- Prior experience with creating long-term planning and managing integrated timelines and resources. Manage and engage with team members to innovate and refine strategies
- SAP Plan to Make experience is a plus
- Strong experience in Project Management processes, creating templates, and training materials. PMP certification desirable
- Excellent organizational planning skills, time management, and record retention. Capable of setting priorities and managing high workload. Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to deliver assignments on time, thorough follow-through and implementation skills
- Ability to interact with multiple layers of the organization with demonstrated success initiating change. Strong teamwork collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with new technologies and produce professional work products
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.