Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Being Here Matters!
At Gilead you are a part of a rapidly growing science- driven organization, working together to revolutionize healthcare. We are energetic leaders and strategic entrepreneurs going above and beyond for patients, making the impossible a reality. We are passionate about improving lives and bringing urgently needed medicines to patients and you have the chance to be a part of this difference.
Gilead Sciences is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment role in the capacity of Medical Science Liaison in Gilead’s launch of a novel therapy for triple negative breast cancer therapeutic area.
- Implements defined goals and objectives aligned with the Medical Affairs Plan of Action and other strategic initiatives within the Oncology therapeutic area
- Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead products.
- Develops and presents complex scientific and clinical data related to Gilead products.
- Identifies and develops regional and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products through personal contacts and on-site visits.
- Establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and healthcare professionals at academic and non-academic settings.
- Works on Gilead phase 3/phase 4 programs that include collaboration with investigators and Gilead personnel.
- Provides input into site selection for both phase 4 and other clinical trials.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- The candidate works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Global Medical Affairs.
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of settings.
- The incumbent travels to appointments, meetings and conferences on a frequent and regular basis, occasionally with short notice.
- Must have the ability to work as a member of several teams that may overlap such as national MS team, regional sales team, national accounts, and others.
- Well-developed experience in preparing and delivering presentations is required.
- Experience in the management or investigation of clinical trials is required.
- Exhibits Gilead’s core values: integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability, and excellence.
- Advanced health sciences degree (M.D., Pharm. D., PhD are preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry
- A minimum of 3 years’ recent experience within Oncology and/or Hematology is required, preferably within solid tumours including breast cancer and previous experience with a product launch is preferable
- Excellent project management ability and organizational skills, including the management of multiple priorities and resources
- Excellent judgment and personal initiative are required
- Ability to embrace Gilead’s leadership commitments and patient-centric values, including highest ethical and compliance standards
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, along with the ability to understand, analyse and communicate medical concepts in a clear and concise way.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to successfully navigate fast and dynamic situations where there is ambiguity, uncertainty, and change
- Must have knowledge of and be willing to comply with all regulatory/compliance policies.
- Must be able to maintain a current professional licensure consistent with degree in province of residence.
- Ability to travel 70% of the time; domestic and international travel is required, including potential attendance at conferences which may include occasional weekend travel, once travel restrictions are eased.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.