Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus worldwide include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, cell therapy and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
The National Sales Director is a key leadership position in the Italian HIV Business Unit, responsible for leading and managing all customer facing activity involved in the commercialization of all our HIV products to our targeted physicians. They will be tasked with leading the development of the national commercial plan ensuring the correct and compliant declination of the national strategy on a regional, local and account level.
- Under the responsibility of the Business Unit Director HIV, develops, monitors and controls the implementation of the National commercial sales strategy in order to achieve sales objectives in full alignment with all ethical, compliance and pharmaceutical regulatory rules.
- Manages and develops the team of Regional Directors, ensuring the optimization of the sales structure and usage of company resources.
- Key internal stakeholder for therapeutic area and key member of the core product team responsible for setting product strategy at a national level.
Main activities :
- Work with core brand leadership (Marketing, Medical & Market Access) participating in national and international forums to develop brand strategy and tactical execution plans to support national brand objectives.
- Ensure the achievement of national sales objectives though the proposal and execution of a national sales plan detailing the means & resources (activities, human and financial investments, etc.) necessary to reach sales expectations while respecting costs.
- Continually analyze the competitive landscape and environment to determine trends and provide customer feedback that can inform national strategies.
- Clearly define roles, responsibilities and measurable results for all team activities and guarantee optimal collaboration and synergy with all cross functional roles e.g. marketing and medical teams.
- Through the leadership and coaching of the Regional Sales Managers, manage the execution across customer facing teams through deep analysis of execution metrics, sales results and customer feedback.
- Establish and coordinate in partnership with the Business Analytics department a proposal for the bonus plan, objectives, performance and efficiency indicators for the sales force. Thereby enabling the implementation, monitoring and optimization of reporting, management and organization of the sales activity using the tools available (quantitative and qualitative dashboards, CRM, etc.).
- Meet and manage relationships with national Key Accounts and Key Opinion Leaders guaranteeing optimal relationship management with the local sales organization.
- Control and monitor the implementation of regional action plans. Ensure the effectiveness of actions in compliance with the law and internal procedures.
- Set objectives, evaluate individual performance and the skills of employees showing the leadership necessary to ensure the progress and development of the whole sales team and in particular the Regional Sales Managers.
- Ensuring that procedures are applied and that ethical rules, compliance and pharmaceutical regulations are respected by the team.
- Is likely to accompany an employee in the field without having to communicate with healthcare professionals for promotional purposes.
- Higher university education + scientific training if possible
- Professional commercial experience in sales leadership, building teams and hiring top talent. (preferred pharmaceutical industry)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build and execute against strategic account plans.
- Expert analytical and communication skills necessary to analyze qualitative and quantitative data finding the business impacts with the need to then decide the tactical impacts and communicate to the larger team how to improve performance
- Excellent people management skills, both to create a high performing team environment, to motivate resources increasing performance but also in developing resources in the long term
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to develop and utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives.
- Previous experience managing large teams.
- Deep knowledge of the of regulations of the Italian pharmaceutical market
- Mastery of "sales force effectiveness" techniques
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Italian and English fluency
Pharmacovigilance:Ensure the immediate transmission (within 24 hours) to the pharmacovigilance department of any information relating to adverse events or special situations (such as pregnancy, breastfeeding, abuse / misuse, medication error, overdose, lack of efficacy, off-label use in an identified patient and unexpected benefit) observed with the medicines made available by Gilead Sciences.
Pharmaceutical claims: Ensure the immediate transmission to the Regulatory Affairs Department of any information relating to a claim on one of the medicines made available by Gilead Sciences.
Medical information: Ensure the transmission to the medical information department of questions asked by health professionals via the medical information request form provided for this purpose.
Compliance: Be a champion for compliance and create a culture of compliance throughout all customer facing activity. Ensuring that teams are trained on all compliance rules.
Gilead Core Values :
Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity).
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.