Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Our heritage of science and innovation and the curiosity and passion of everyone who works here has enabled us to provide medicines that help transform standards of care for more than 30 years. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include liver diseases, infectious diseases, and cancer.
Gilead Sciences is focusing on Oncology as one of its key therapeutic areas and is significantly growing its pipeline through internal research, partnerships and acquisitions.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to drive the future growth of Gilead Sciences Oncology in the Nordics, to lead the initial efforts to advance our breast cancer expertise and to strengthen our role in immuno-oncology. The role is based in the Nordic region, preferably in our regional headquarters in Solna, Sweden.
The Nordics Business Unit Director, Oncology (Solid Tumors, Breast Cancer)will be responsible and accountable for the strategy, planning and implementation of all commercial activities within the Nordics, with ‘success’ being defined as bringing products to patients fighting with cancer. The BUD will manage a team of Marketing and Sales professionals and lead a cross functional team to drive operational excellence. The BUD will report directly into the General Manager Nordics and be a member of the Nordics leadership team.
- Lead the cross-functional team providing vision, motivation, support and coaching
- Build and drive the Oncology business and achieve the commercial objectives
- Execute a highly successful launch of a top breast cancer treatment, drive the development of the commercial strategy and ensure the flawless execution of action plans for the portfolio accordingly
- Build and lead a high-performing commercial team
- Drive operational excellence in marketing & sales efforts and business/forecast planning
- Develop, implement, and maintain the required infrastructure to meet business goals
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team from pre-launch to execution
- Establish effective working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders & be recognized as partner in improving quality of care
- Partner with Medical Affairs to ensure effective development and implementation of strategies
- Partner with Government Affairs and Public Affairs to ensure a positive policy environment
- Support Market Access activities for all impending launches
- Create an inclusive environment in which every member of the team has an opportunity to develop and succeed
- Contribute actively as Nordic leadership team member to the development of our organization
- Embrace our company culture, which is defined by the Gilead leadership commitments and core values
- Represent Gilead Sciences Nordics internally and externally, with a cross–functional vision in global and regional forums. Maneuver flawlessly through the matrix and collaborate closely with global HQ functions.
Required Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate will be a recognized leader with excellent communication skills. The role requires being comfortable at working in a high-growth environment where influencing and negotiating across an organization are a prerequisite. You will need to demonstrate the ability to manage complexity, ambiguity and paradoxes through thinking outside of the box with a collaborative, constructive and solution-oriented approach.
- Advanced business or science degree (MBA, MD, PharmD, PhD) preferred
- Must have commercial leadership experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, a highly successful and strong commercial leader within the oncology solid tumors (breast cancer) area.
- Must have established business relationships with solid tumor KOLs across the Nordic region
- Must have a track record of effectively managing sales forces in the Nordics
- Must be a pragmatic individual who enjoys getting involved in the business at all levels and across all disciplines. Broad-based cross-functional experience is an asset.
- Must have a track record of successful budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Must demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively dealing with multiple projects/priorities in parallel
- Experience with Nordic pharmaceutical regulatory requirements, relevant knowledge of the Nordic pharmaceutical market and experience with the Nordic reimbursement systems (or demonstrated ability to gain and develop knowledge rapidly).
- Strong leadership qualities such as having the ability to attract, motive and retain talent and drive a culture of collaboration, engagement and motivation.
- Must be strong at building new relationships rapidly with various external stakeholders, an already established Nordic health care network is preferable.
- Preferably, previous experience in negotiating with payor organizations, and involvement in building access and funding strategies and their successful execution
- Strong learning agility and willingness to self-develop and take on increasing responsibility
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, and basic Nordic language skills are highly welcome
- Ability to provide strategic input at an above country level
- International experience, either working in a Global or Regional role or in the context of above country project teams is desirable
- Openness to travel domestically and some internationally when safe to do so
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.