Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
This is an entry level position within the Intellectual Property prosecution team at Gilead Sciences, reporting to the Filing & Formalities Team Leader. The prosecution team consist of 19 Attorneys, and 10 Paralegals. This team is made up of high caliber, reputable and extremely hard-working IP professionals and they are integral to the company’s ability to continue providing therapies to medical areas of unmet needs worldwide.
- Preparing Declarations, and Assignments for Filing and Formalities Team
- Assisting the filing and formalities paralegal team in preparing Information Disclosure Statements (IDS)
- Obtaining signatures for Powers of Attorney, Declarations, and Assignments
- Assisting the filing and formalities paralegal team in preparing and recording Assignments in patent cases
- Obtaining Authentication documents (such as certified copies) as necessary for filing
- Assisting the filing and formalities paralegal team with formatting patent applications
- Arranging necessary translations
- Supporting filing and formalities paralegal team in preparing Patent Family Trees
- Filing electronic documents in the IManage legal document management system
- Willing to take on extra assignments as needed
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma plus relevant administrative experience
- Prior experience in patents or IP is preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Notary certification or willingness and ability to obtain Notary commission
- High proficiency in computer skills including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and Visio
- Experience with Imanage and CPA Memotech is preferred.
- Organizational skills, effective time-management and attention to detail are required
- Candidates must possess the ability to work well with others in a team setting
This is an in-office position with a work-from-home flex schedule.
Business travel is not required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.