Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
This field-based Principal Medical Scientist will be part of a team of Medical Scientists reporting to a Field Director. The MS will disseminate clinical information about Gilead’s innovative hematology and oncology products to thought-leaders, academic institutions, healthcare professionals, and professional organizations. The geography includes FL, GA, SC.
*Level/Title of position will be determined by education and years of experience. A Principal Medical Scientist requires more than 5 years of experience, with relevant degree. We will consider candidates with 3-5 years of experience with relevant degree at the Sr. Medical Scientist level.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead heme/onc products
- Delivers timely, accurate, and succinct clinical and scientific presentations to heme/ onc healthcare providers, both proactively and in response to requests for information, consistent with promotional compliance, PhRMA guidelines, and FDA regulatory requirements
- Implements defined goals and objectives aligned with the Medical Affairs Plan of Action and other strategic initiatives
- Provides independent thought and initiative in the preparation and completion of a variety of projects and ensuing reports.
- Participates in special projects based on extensive knowledge base, experience and competency, using a degree of autonomy in the preparation and completion of projects and reports, and by establishing relationships with internal and with external contacts as needed
- Identifies and develops relationships with regional and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products; establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers at academic and non-academic settings.
- Trains Gilead approved speakers through personal contacts and on-site visits
- Serves as a medical resource to Gilead’s heme/onc Therapeutic Sales Specialists, and provides sales force with training at national and regional levels
- Participate in advisory boards, symposia, and clinical conferences
- Supports Gilead Phase IV program that includes collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
- Selects sites for both Phase IV and other clinical trials.
- Anticipates complex obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Medical Communication.
- Sought out from within and outside Gilead for advice and collaboration on complex issues and resolution of complex problems.
- Supports the development, deployment, and appropriate use of field tools and resources (e.g. slide decks)
- Maintains familiarity with all relevant complex scientific data and commits to continuing education to maintain knowledge base.
- Has the ability to work as a member of several teams, such as national MS team, regional sales team, national accounts, and others.
- Adheres to all applicable pharmaceutical codes, Office of Inspector General (OIG) guidelines, and Gilead policies
- Exhibits Gilead’s core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, excellence, and inclusion
- Advanced medical/scientific/clinical degree (MD, DO, PhD, PharmD, NP, and PA preferred) with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field required
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferably with a minimum of 2 years pharmaceutical experience
- Prior experience with oncology/breast cancer preferred, with strong knowledge of the clinical research process, treatment landscape, and professional society treatment guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Capacity to develop and deliver high-quality presentations is essential
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required
- Affinity for a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the management of multiple priorities and resources
- Strong business skills/acumen; translation of scientific expertise and knowledge to achieve the identified business goals of the company
- Live in designated region and be able to travel > 70% of the time, occasionally with short notice, to cover regional territory
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.