Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
- With limited guidance, may participate in a team in the development and maintenance of business applications.
- Participates in the evaluation, design, and development of applications that automate and support across Development.
- Provides systems administration and technical support for non-GMP and GMP regulated environment.
- Provides end-user support and training including troubleshooting problems at the application level (includes working with vendors to resolve issues).
- Co-ordinates with Infrastructure, IT, and Database administrators to ensure continuous system availability.
- Provides architectural solutions for interface developments.
- Supports the development of use cases and documentation of user requirements and functional requirements specifications to ensure that requirements are complete, accurate, and testable.
- Supports the development of test strategies and defining test data (design the approach for testing each requirement).
- Documents and manages software defects, issues and enhancement by providing assessments and
- Works with business and Information Technology partners to enhance applications to reduce operating time and improve efficiency.
- May investigate project feasibility, prepare project cost and benefit estimates, estimates project resource needs for staff and consultants
- Provide end-user support for various platforms and systems.
- Participate in training design, documentation and delivery efforts with the project/delivery lead.
- Provides systems training to end users, contributes to process improvements, and the evaluation of third-party products.
- Consults with users, management, and vendors to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs, projects or responsible for individual business targets.
Essential Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Associates Degree with 4+ years OR Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years OR Masters' Degree with 0+ years of experience in IT and Life sciences.
- Good understanding of database technologies including Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Demonstrates an ability to maintain and developed systems independently.
- Strong documentation and customer service skills.
- Experience with software development life cycle, system integration, lab instrument interface to a LIMS/ELN system.
- Direct experience in working with enterprise systems such as Microsoft collaboration tools.
- Experience implementing and supporting LIMS and ELN systems (Benchling, LabWare, BioVia etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Organized and self-managed.
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- Experience with Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Spotfire, JMP etc) a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.