Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Senior Director, Seattle Medicinal Chemistry
- Ph.D. in chemistry
- 15+ years of medicinal chemistry experience in the drug discovery industry
- Experience managing and mentoring teams of Ph.D. and non-PhD scientists
- A track record of leading project teams to the successful delivery of development candidates
- Passion to be at the forefront of drug discovery as demonstrated by insightful target recommendations and a history of evaluating novel technologies to enhance drug discovery
- Publication record, including patents, commensurate with the years of experience
The successful candidate will:
- Responsible for directing and executing research within medicinal chemistry, the development of effective strategies to address key project objectives, and providing creative medicinal and synthetic chemistry problem solving to enable the discovery of development candidates.
- Collaborate effectively with drug metabolism, biology, nonclinical safety, and structural chemistry to drive drug discovery projects
- Participate as an engaged member of a highly interactive Medicinal Chemistry department, contributing scientific knowledge and leadership across projects
- Effectively communicate and interact with leaders across the organization
- Lead a group of scientists and develop high-performing teams with an inclusive and innovative culture. A key aspect of the position is to effectively hire, coach, mentor, and develop employees to their maximum potential
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.