Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus worldwide include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and cell therapy.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Gilead team in the field Market Access Team support the business objective. This role has come about through expansion of the team and the role will report to the Director, Market Access and he/she will be based in Lombardy, Italy.
The Market Access mission is preventing, finding and possibly removing obstacles which could stop, restrict or delay drugs availability for patients and building relationship with institutional and politicians, creating evoluted ways of dialog with regional and local SH (not prescribers SH) in order to transfer the ethics value and social commitment of Gilead and maintain hight priority Gilead area in the politicians agenda.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Build the network and manage the relationships with regional and account stakeholders: Chairmen of regional healthcare, Politicians (es. members institutional commissions, regional council), Commission members for formulary listing, guidelines and PDT definition, Relevant stakeholders at local and regional level
- Support regional/local formulary products approvals and regional reimbursement activities across all business units
- Support the development of documents for granting formulary listing product inclusion at regional and account level
- To be accountable for produce and share relevant documentation for regional access processes according local rules
- Ensure the value brand communication dissemination of the full portfolio
- Execute on the strategic and tactical Market Access plan, in teamwork with other internal stakeholders
- Coordinates internal working cross functional and cross franchise regional groups on specific topics (pending pilot approval)
- To be the leader of projects with key regionals SH
- Coordinate the Market-Access related activities with the support of the relevant functions
- Prepare and conduct analysis to track regional trends and assess business opportunities (analisi epidemiologica, servizi, etc)
- Support data creation in regional and local setting (Ni.San, PACO, Campania Link, etc)
- Identify and pursue opportunities for partnerships with the regional/account administration
- Anticipate changes in Market Access environment, assess impact to operations and provide appropriate recommendations to company functions
- Support local process in hospital tendering and tender shaping activities in line with commercial policies and in coordination with customer service department and BU
- Support meeting organization with payers and pharmacists on Market Access related topics
- Ensure direct connection between Gilead management and regional institutions
- Ensure an effective regional Market Access dedicated resources (budget) management
- Support projects of institutional value to meet the system needs and patients engagement (digital)
- Gilead’s commitments on social and economic highlights- R&D investment in the country and regional system
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Typically requires a BA or BS degree, preferably in the sciences or business related disciplines minimum 8 years of experience in pharmaceutical or relevant industry which includes relevant therapeutic experience.
- Must have experience in market access role.
- The jobholder needs to be self-motivated and able to work with a high level of autonomy and independence. Must have previous pharmaceutical hospital selling experience and relevant therapeutic knowledge.
- Knowledge of Italian National Health System Administration
- Understanding of Italian Market
- Knowledge of expenditure control and governance instruments
- Basic HTA / health-economics methodologies: BIM, cost-effectiveness analysis
- Basic concepts of tender management including public administration’s operational processes
- Basic knowledge digital instrument in healthcare system
- Proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship building skills is required along with strong influencing & negotiating skills.
- Must be able to credibly discuss the science of the products with Key Opinion Leaders.
- Is familiar with industry trends and remains current with competitor’s resources and practices.
- Proven ability to leverage and create network for developing business
- Must possess: outcome-based negotiations skills, project management (planning, prioritization, problem-solving, business analysis skills), adaptive communication, senior relationship management and influencing skills.
- Proven record of success in a similar management role is desirable.
- Jobholders must have a thorough understanding of relevant marketplace for their role.
- Must be able to travel extensively as dictated by business need.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power point and Word.
- Must be fluent in conversational and written English
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (Collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (Working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (Taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (Encouraging diversity)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.