Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries world-wide, with headquarters in Foster City, California, USA.
In 2020, Gilead completed the acquisition of a number of companies which are developing innovative treatments in the field of oncology. One of the leading compounds is a novel Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC), which is being investigated for its potential application across various types of cancer, initially metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer (mTNBC) where there is a significant unmet medical need. We are currently in the process of building a new team in Switzerland and are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our new Oncology Business Unit.
Reporting to the Business Unit Director the Senior Product Manager (m/f/d) strategically co-ordinates and lead projects, supports marketing plans implementation across functions, in collaboration with Medical, Sales, Commercial Operations, Corporate Communications and Finance departments to drive activities supporting the team to achieve revenue and results objectives.
- Demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Leverage primary and secondary market research and analytics critical to directing brand strategies and optimizing marketing tactics
- Analyze complex problems and situations, provide logical recommendations and lead any required action planning
- Drive cross-functional product teams and key stakeholders within Gilead to ensure alignment on strategy, key themes and deliverables
- Collaborate with Medical group to ensure optimal interactions aimed to support product portfolio strategy
- Develops digital strategies for the Brand and ensure its implementation
- Responsible for localization of Global projects in alignment with strategic objectives
- Ensure that all marketing projects rolled out and activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Conducts innovative brainstorming session to challenge status quo and create new concepts supporting the Brand Strategy
- Ensures multichannel customer engagement strategy is applicable and rolled out
- Resources utilization for Digital Brand Strategy implementation
- Collaborates proactively on tactical plan development and implementation
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Must have experience in the pharmaceutical industry in Specialty Care
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related fields required, MBA or other advanced business degree is desired
- Previous experience in marketing research and/or pharmaceutical sales is required
- Must show demonstrated excellence in project management and have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects/priorities
- In-depth knowledge and resent experience in oncology specifically in solid tumors/breast cancer is preferred
- Experience in managing advanced multichannel activities also strongly recommended
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is a plus
- Must have recognised expertise in implementing a pharmaceutical communication plan, including generating publications, organising continuing medical education activities and advocacy development
- Must be very familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitor’s resources and practices
- Must have a successful record of developing external relationships leading to brand advocacy
- Must have a track record of successful pharma/biotech patient/community marketing with an understanding of expense budget planning and tracking
- Must possess excellent analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to senior management and across functional areas
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict, and drive consensus among, individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Must have strong organizational skills, including the ability to follow assignments through to completion (bias towards execution)
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious, with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organized with systematic approach to prioritization
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead commercial competencies
- Initiative into action.
- Strategic approach.
- Communications impact and influence.
- Customer relationship building.
- Customer and market insights.
- Business analytics.
Gilead core values
Integrity (doing what's right)
Teamwork (working together)
Excellence (being your best)
Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.