Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Senior Product Manager – Oncology
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that is committed to discover, develop and commercialize innovative therapeutics in the areas of unmet medical needs. Haematology-Oncology is one of our key therapeutic areas for future growth. Our current focus is in relation to triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) but we are also considering expansion into multiple solid tumours and combination approaches with internal and external immuno- oncology (IO) and other agents.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and experienced marketer to join Gilead as Senior Product Manager - Oncology in the UK & Ireland affiliate. This newly created position will be based in Holborn, London and report into the Oncology Marketing Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to develop an integrated marketing strategy and implement a cross-functional tactical plan to support the launch of new product into the UK & Ireland market.
- Lead the development and implementation of integrated tactical plans aligned to brand strategy to agreed budget and schedules. This will include driving appropriate Multi-Channel-Marketing activities with a continued eye for innovation in the digital marketing space. Such activities will also include performance and tracking metrics for plan evaluation
- Demonstrate leadership excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects and priorities, including close working with agencies
- Member of the UK&I Oncology Brand Team to help develop wider cross-functional activities in line with brand strategy
- Develop effective working relationships and effective engagement plans with NHS Therapy Area Experts and other key stakeholders to strengthen Gilead’s position within the oncology market.
- Continually monitor environment and leverage market research/analytics to optimise marketing plan and tactics
- Ensures that all marketing activities are in compliant with Gilead SOP and ABPI Code of Practice.
- Expertise and track record of successful marketing plan development and implementation, budget management and tracking progress of campaigns
- Strong strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute strategy
- Oncology experience is a must – preferably in Breast Cancer
- Strong team ethic and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Good knowledge of UK Healthcare environment
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining a strong network of NHS Therapy Area Experts
- Good analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and then developing appropriate cross-functional solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required.
- Advanced planning and organisational skills, including ability to follow tasks/assignments through to completion
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is required.
Specific education and experience requirements
- Undergraduate Degree in Life Sciences, Marketing or equivalent
- Strong marketing experience in oncology market is required – preferably in Breast Cancer.
- Strong track record and experience in field roles, such as pharmaceutical sales, is required.
- Good working knowledge of NHS and oncology landscape in UK and/or Ireland
- Competent experience of using Microsoft Office products is required
- e-Marketing experience is preferred
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.