Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
The Sr Accountant of Technical Accounting Operations supports and conducts technical research and accounting operations in various complex areas. This role is ideal for an accounting professional looking to leverage his/her technical experience while also gaining experience in complex accounting operations and owning the related sections of SEC filings. He/she will develop working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management.
- Support accounting processes for debt and equity related capital market transactions, derivative instruments, share-based compensation, debt and equity investments and other complex transactions
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities for assigned accounts (e.g. journal entries and account reconciliations)
- Analyze and prepare balance sheet variance explanations
- Prepare SEC reporting schedules (e.g. statement of stockholders’ equity, statement of comprehensive income, debt footnote, derivatives footnote, earnings per share, etc.)
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to support quarterly reviews and audits by providing timely, accurate data and communication
- Maintain appropriate internal controls for areas of responsibility
- Assist with maintaining and updating global accounting policies based on the guidance
- Support the preparation and review of certain proxy materials
- Interact with Financial Shared Services, Tax, Treasury, International Finance, FP&A, HR and various other functions across different geographies within the company to facilitate an effective close process and support special projects
- Assist with ad hoc research and other special projects
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent and 4+ years of relevant and progressive experience
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP and general accounting policies and procedures
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly analytical and a resourceful self-starter with excellent research capabilities, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Work cohesively in a team environment
- Highly organized, strong attention to details and great documentation skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) and other systems in general is required; Data analytics skills is a plus
- A CPA/Chartered Accountant/MBA qualification
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry
- Experience in multinational organization
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.