Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard – where you can see and measure the results of your contributions.
Our values – integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence – are evident in everything we do.
We are seeking a motivated and collaborative individual with solid experience in anti-viral and/or cell-based assay automation to join our High Throughput Biology & Screening group. The candidate will play a high impact role in designing, developing, and implementing high throughput cellular and biochemical assays to support Gilead’s HIV antiviral and HIV Cure drug discovery programs working as part of diverse, multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment. He/She will serve as functional area lead to conduct studies supporting drug candidate selection and characterization for advancement into pre/clinical development. Those studies include in vitro drug combination, drug resistance, and primary virus isolate profiling analysis.
- Design, develop, and conduct 384 well plate-based high throughput in vitro HIV antiviral and virus neutralization assays in a BSL2+ lab.
- Perform HIV anti-viral drug combination studies and analyse data with MacSynergy application.
- Conduct in vitro compound profiling studies and generate reports as part of IND regulatory submission for clinical studies.
- Independently program, operate and trouble-shoot workstation and multi-component robotic systems.
- Maintain a cutting edge awareness of technical developments as well as scientific knowledge and apply these where possible to improve assay and workflow performance.
- Design, develop, and implement relevant cell-based and biochemical assays to identify leads for clinical development.
- Conduct HTS library screen to identify novel chemical matter.
- Serve as team or core team member by representing High Throughput Biology on project teams, contribute to project strategic discussions.
- Prepare and deliver scientific presentations to project teams, R&D management, and at scientific/industry conferences.
- Manage junior associates.
- Proven record of developing and executing HIV antiviral and virus neutralization assays.
- Solid experience with 384 well plate based high throughput screening and assay automation.
- Experience in primary cell and cell line cultures.
- Proven ability to independently plan and execute experiments, interpret and analyzes data.
- Proven ability to present results and findings in formal settings including project team meetings.
- Proven ability to write scientific and technical reports or create poster presentations.
- Experience in HBV and respiratory virus infectious disease is preferred.
- Hands on experience with state of the art assay technologies both biochemical and cell based including TR-FRET, FP, Alpha Screen, luciferase reporter gene assays, flow cytometry and/or high content imaging essential.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, collaborative, matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed communication skills (oral and written) are required.
- People and project management experience desired.
- BS or MS degree with extensive industry experience and track record in virology, cell biology, biochemistry or related field.
- PhD in related scientific discipline with 0+years of industry experience.
- BS/MS degree with 14+years of experience
- Level is flexible based on experience.
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.