Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually
and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we
will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health
and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this jobJob Description
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite Europe is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs
This role will report into the Head of Europe for Kite. The Business Unit Lead primary accountability is continuing to expand access of Kite Cell Therapies in Spain. This role will be responsible and accountable for the strategy, planning and implementation of all commercial activities in Spain, with ‘success’ defined by accelerating broad access to patients for Kite Pharma’s innovation. The Sr Business Unit Director Kite will manage a team of Marketing and Sales professionals and lead a cross functional team to drive operational excellence and will be a member of Gilead Spain leadership team and will have a dotted reporting line into the GM of Gilead Spain. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role, as part of the broader Spanish and EU Leadership, in the launch of a truly innovative therapy.
- Maximize the commercial potential of Kite Pharma’s assets through the development and implementation of strategic/operational plans in collaboration with regional marketing and medical affairs teams
- Build and execute a highly successful launches in Spain
- Lead the cross-functional team providing vision, motivation, and support and coaching infrastructure to drive the business and achieve portfolio objectives
- Partner with market access to identify, develop, propose and execute local reimbursement plans, including alignment with appropriate adaptation of European pricing, reimbursement and access strategies
- Recruit, hire and ensure training for country-specific staff who will successfully execute the cross functional company plan in Spain
- Take responsibility and accountability to deliver against the agreed commercial and strategic objectives, as well as Quality, compliance and risk management in Spain
- Contribute to the execution of a flawless supply chain process – customer service par excellence – supporting the administration of Kite Pharma’s technology to patients throughout Spain
- Establish strong, effective and optimal working relationships with external bodies (incl. Payers, Patient Associations, and Thought Leaders)
- Foster an environment of strong collaboration across the local, regional and global organization, balancing the needs of Kite Pharma in Spain with those of the broader corporate objectives
- Ensure that all business activities are in line with company policies, procedures and local guidelines.
- Facilitate market learning and knowledge sharing to accelerate the commercialization
throughout the European organization
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will be a recognized leader with excellent communication skills. The role requires being comfortable at working in a high-growth environment where influencing and negotiating across an organization are a prerequisite.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to manage complexity, ambiguity and paradoxes through thinking outside of the box with a collaborative, constructive and solution-oriented approach.
- Demonstrable commercial leadership experience in the biopharmaceutical industry such as a highly successful Business Unit Lead and a strong sales & marketing leader within the specialty therapeutics arena
- Must have recent experience in oncology specifically in Hematology/oncology or orphan/rare diseases
- Must have a track record of successful budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Must demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Undergraduate degree is required, MBA and/or post graduate preferred or advanced life science degree (MD, Pharm D, PhD)
- Preferably, previous experience in negotiating with key pricing and reimbursement agencies, and involvement in successful access and reimbursement strategies and their execution
- Strong understanding of the complexity of transplant arena is highly advantageous
- Must be good at building new relationships rapidly with KOLs and other stakeholders such as industry associations. A strong already established network is preferable
- Knowledgeable in technical development of commercially successful biopharmaceutical, cell therapy or gene therapy products is preferred
- Must have the ability to build and drive a business, whilst possessing innate ‘market-making’ capabilities with natural self-starter, hands-on, entrepreneurial and innovative attitude
- Strong leadership qualities such as having the ability to attract, motive and retain talent and drive a culture of collaboration, engagement and motivation
- Strong learning agility and willingness to take on increasing responsibility as Kite Pharma grows
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to provide strategic input at an EU level
- International experience, either working in a Global or Regional role or in the context of above country project teams is desirable
- Openness to travel approximately is required - 60% domestically and some internationally
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.