Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
The Clinical Pharmacology Department at Gilead Sciences is seeking a talented scientist who is driven to understand the clinical pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) of new and existing compounds using state of the art modeling and simulation strategies. In this role, you will be part of a team of scientists responsible for application of quantitative approaches to drug development.
At Gilead, it’s our employees’ dedication to science and the lives of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world that motivates our team to success, discovery, & curiosity. This is an opportunity to join a team as we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing urgently needed medicines to patients in the unmet areas of HIV/AIDS, Immunology, Liver diseases, Hematology and Oncology, and more.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Developing pharmaco-statistical models including, exposure - response models, population PK models, etc., throughout all phases of drug development. Ability to develop or support PBPK modeling will be a plus.
- Conduct of model-based simulations to design studies that yield high value PK/PD/PGx information to aid critical decisions in support of development and registration of therapeutics.
- Implementing Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology aspects of regulatory strategy.
- Working in partnership with department Clinical Pharmacologist, Bioanalytical Scientists as well as Operations/Project Management peers and cross-functional teams.
- Authoring documents and reports including documents for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Identifying program or study-specific issues. Working collaboratively to generate potential solutions and influence teams.
- Present work at professional meetings and publish manuscripts in leading scientific journals.
- In-depth conceptual, technical and hands on development expertise in the area of PK/PD or PBPK modeling and simulation.
- A Doctorate degree or equivalent in pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, pharmacology or an advanced quantitative discipline.
- Greater than 5+ years of experience (industry and/or academia) in pharmacometric analyses (e.g., population pharmacokinetics, exposure-response and disease progression) using modeling software like NONMEM, Matlab, S-PLUS/R and, SAS or similar software.
- Application of physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling analysis to support dose decisions in clinical trials and simulation of drug-drug interactions for quantitative risk assessment is a plus.
- Ability to assess, prioritize and manage a diverse, time-sensitive workload.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.