Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Director, Portfolio Strategy and Analytics, the Senior Director will support Program Strategy Teams and Development Project Teams, in addition to leading key portfolio processes. This leader will partner with cross-organizational groups to define and develop portfolio planning and strategy approaches, analytics, and insights to optimize the Gilead portfolio. The leader is the key presenter of the deliverables, including insights and recommendations, to Program Strategy teams and R&D leadership. These deliverables will support achievement of corporate goals, portfolio planning, and decision-making by program teams and governance committees.
* PS&A representative on multiple program strategy and/or cross functional project teams to frame and assess development options, risk, and key decision points
* Make and support recommendations that consider trade-offs to create an integrated portfolio that aligns with strategic objectives and supports business decisions
* Work with a cross-functional team and senior leadership to define, build, lead, and drive strategic portfolio processes
* Provide insights into the overall Gilead portfolio that guide near and long-term planning
* Support business case development by working with corporate strategy/business development
* 15+ years of relevant experience and a BA or a BS in Science, Business, Finance, Market Research or similar and relevant subject; Or MS and 12+ years of relevant experience; Or a PhD and 7+ years of relevant experience
* Advanced degree a plus (e.g. MBA, PhD) and scientific background preferred
* Working knowledge of the pharmaceutical/biotech landscape, R&D trends, decision analysis, business strategy and markets in major disease areas
* Experience influencing senior leaders and teams through communication and facilitation skills
* Significant experience in strategic roles in a pharma/biotech or consulting
* Proven ability to lead a matrixed cross functional team consisting of representatives from R&D and G&A
* Strong analytic skills, including quantitative modeling and complex problem-solving ability
* Proven ability framing and solving complex problem and the analytical ability to interpret and communicate them effectively
* Strong organizational and communication skills including experience presenting to an executive audience
* Leadership, collaboration, relationship building and interpersonal skills
* Must be able to work independently and under minimal supervision
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.