Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Sr. Research Scientist I - Formulation & Process Development
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in our Formulation & Process Development group at our Headquarters in Foster City, CA. We are seeking motivated, team-oriented individuals with scientific experience with lab work related to small molecules.
The Formulation & Process Development group located at the Foster City, CA Gilead headquarters is seeking a Senior Research Scientist I to provide scientific, technical and hands-on support of drug discovery and product development.
The qualified candidate should have experience and/or knowledge in pre-formulation, formulation and process development, Quality by Design (QbD), oversight of GMP drug product manufacturing and global regulatory CMC (INDs, IMPDs, NDAs, MAAs). Experience in parenteral product development and sustained parenteral drug delivery is strongly preferred. The qualified candidate will be responsible for lead optimization, API form selection/characterization, pre-formulation, formulation development, manufacture of clinical supplies, development of efficient and scalable manufacturing processes, process scale up based on Quality by Design (QbD), implementation of innovative technologies, CMO management and global regulatory strategy.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Experienced in formulation and process development, manufacture, and scale-up of parenteral drug products.
- Expertise in parenteral drug delivery technologies, including sustained release. Knowledge of basic analytical skills required: HPLC/UPLC, UV, solid state characterization.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Works independently to design execute and analyze laboratory experimentation.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables, requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Maintains full working knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company interests.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and strategy.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates collaborative communication and problem solving spirit.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- PhD in a related scientific discipline 3+ years’ industry experience.
- BS or MS degree with extensive industry experience.
- Ideal candidate will have degree in pharmaceutical sciences, chemical engineering, physical organic chemistry.
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.