Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
- This position will report to Senior Research Scientist II in the Oncology Biomarker Sciences group and support biomarkers studies for the magrolimab (anti-CD47) program in hematological indications
- Direct the development, outsourcing, and validation of clinically applicable biomarker assays including pharmacodynamic, predictive, prognostic, safety and other biomarkers for a cancer immunotherapy program
- Lead cross-functional Biomarker Teams to execute biomarker/diagnostic development strategies to generate, analyze, and interpret data from clinical studies
- Identify, establish and oversee external collaborations with key opinion leaders, academic sites, and CROs
- Collaborate with Research Biology, Clinical Research, Bioinformatics and Biostatistics functions to create synergy in developing biomarker strategies and translational approaches
- Strong experimental background and experience in hypothesis-driven biological/translational research with demonstrated ability to execute well-designed experiments in oncology and immunology
- Experience with genomic, epigenetic, gene expression, metabolomics, multiplexed protein detection or other related emerging platforms or data sets is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and effectively on multiple programs in a fast-paced matrixed environment
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be team and detail-oriented, motivated, and results focused.
- Demonstrated expertise in immunology and/or oncology; experience in translational or biomarkers research in hematological malignancies preferred
- Ability to integrate complex scientific ideas, generate testable hypotheses, and execute
- Analysis and interpretation of biomarker data in preclinical and clinical setting
- Broad understanding of drug discovery and development in both early late stage development and familiarity with regulatory approval process.
- Knowledge of biomarker discovery and development, assay development/validation, clinical discovery of biomarkers, and MoA/translational research.
- Authoring of biomarker strategy documents, biomarker specific portion of clinical protocols, and regulatory documents
- Basic understanding of technical aspects of companion diagnostics development
- Proven scientific/leadership expertise (working in teams, managing people/projects commensurate with level)
- PhD and/or post-doc training in the area of cancer, immunology, or other related medical science field with a minimum of 3-7 years of directly relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Biomarkers experience in hematological malignancies strongly preferred.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Must be a highly flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.