Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
- Responsible for developing chemical processes for the manufacturing of drug substances
- Proposes alternative chemistry including new route selection and step optimization
- May lead projects where they will be responsible and accountable to make deliveries of API to
support IND enabling toxicology studies as well as first in human Phase I clinical studies.
Must have a thorough understanding on API production in a GMP environment, GMP compliance, novel route generation and implementation.
- Advances the development of economical, state-of-the-art techniques to isolate, characterize, purify and mass-produce substances.
- Plans, designs, implements and analyses laboratory experimentation to advance scientific knowledge of drug substances or drug products.
- Advises members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation, considering economic, regulatory and safety factors
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables, requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Determines how impurities are formed, tracked and purged throughout a reaction and the subsequent processing
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work
- Makes contributions to scientific literature and conferences through publication and presentation of research results
- Maintains full working knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company interests
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- 7+ years of experience and PhD in Organic Chemistry or 10+ years of experience and MS or 13+ years of experience and BS degree
- Experience in planning and executing multi-step synthetic sequences
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and strategy
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates collaborative communication and problem-solving spirit
- Familiarity with modern purification and analytical techniques, including HPLC, LCMS and NMR
- Well-versed in scientific literature searching software (SciFinder, Reaxys etc.)
- Strong desire to work in multi-disciplinary teams, learn new skills and proactively solve problems
NOTE: Please Include Research Summary with Application
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.