Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Everyday, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Therapeutic Specialist, HBV – Minneapolis
The geography consists of Minnesota and WI. There are 2-3 overnights per month.
- Responsible for representing Gilead’s products and services to a defined customer base, generating and growing sales and consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within a specific geographic area.
- Responsible for developing an understanding of the issues and opportunities unique to each geography.
- Comprehensive understanding of Gilead and competitor products in their therapeutic area, and an in depth knowledge of the complexities associated with the disease state.
- Actively promotes the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals in accordance with Corporate, PhRMA and OIG guidelines.
- Demonstrates leadership among peers by consistent application and modeling of the appropriate compliance, behavior and conduct.
- Strict compliance with all regulatory agencies, state, and federal law is required.
- Develops and aggressively implements a territory business plan to meet customer needs and achieve goals.
- With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and action plans.
- Prepares territory budget plans for customer contacts, unrestricted educational grants, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Scientists, National Account Managers, Therapeutic Center Specialists, Marketing and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects related to specific accounts or physicians. May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Reports adverse events to Gilead’s Drug Safety and Public Health department and other internal departments as appropriate per required guidelines.
- Performs all administrative functions required of the position, including reporting call activity and customer information into the appropriate call reporting system in a timely manner, submitting expenses, etc.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and business ethics and demonstrates Gilead’s company values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Inclusion.
- Possess superior selling skills honed in highly competitive markets.
- Proven expertise in building relationships and influencing.
- Aptitude for rapid learning and retention of technical and scientific product related information.
- Must set high goals and standards of performance and be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy.
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- Typically requires a BA or BS degree
- A minimum of 4 years of pharmaceutical/healthcare sales experience.
- Proven and consistent track record of meeting/exceeding sales objectives, preferably in specialty markets.
- Previous product launch experience in a highly competitive environment
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.