Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries world-wide, with headquarters in Foster City, California, USA.
In 2020, Gilead completed the acquisition of a number of companies which are developing innovative treatments in the field of oncology. One of the leading compounds is a novel Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC), which is being investigated for its potential application across various types of cancer, initially metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer (mTNBC) where there is a significant unmet medical need. We are currently in the process of building a new sales team across Switzerland and are looking for Therapeutic Specialists (m,f,d) to join our new Oncology Business Unit.
In the role as Therapeutic Specialist you will be one of the key contributors in our new oncology franchise, providing patients and healthcare professionals access to this innovative treatment. The focus will be on oncology physicians who treat patients with mTNBC. Our Therapeutic Specialists across all our existing therapy areas are enthusiastic about our patient-centric approach and expert in discussing and explaining the characteristics and benefits of our treatment(s) in a highly scientific and dynamic healthcare environment.
- Prepare business plan for your territory aligned to local cancer alliance priorities for mTNBC, communicate required actions to achieve goals. With guidance, initiate systems to monitor sales progress and action plans.
- Responsible for identifying and mapping out patient referral pathways within the cancer alliances on your territory and facilitating patient access to treatment.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets in assigned territory.
- Responsible for working in partnership with Regional Market Access colleagues to ensure local access is in place for Gilead medicines.
- Establish and develop business relationships with key customers, accounts and relevant key opinion leaders. Responsible for setting and achieving customer contact plans and delivering on related KPIs.
- Manage territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Work co-operatively with Gilead Medical Scientists, Marketing and Market Access on various cross-functional projects.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, communicate proactively to Marketing and Sales management.
- Complete necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses, etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role.
- Compliance with country regulations and code of practice at all times.
- Role will require travel and depending on location the need for overnight stays.
Knowledge, experience and skills
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for commercialising this breakthrough medicine, a strong competitive and commercial mindset, robust scientific acumen and a patient centric approach.
- Prior experience in an oncology specialist therapy area is Preferred. Prior experience in the therapeutic field of breast cancer is strongly preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of how cancer services are delivered.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and build working relationships internally and externally. Must be able to develop strong relationships with key opinion leaders.
- Must have proven expertise in building interpersonal relationships, along with strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Must have proven experience in account planning and cross-functional account management approach.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence.
- Must be familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitors' resources and practices.
- Must demonstrate solid analytical skills, be able to identify and understand moderate to complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists.
- Must be able to work in cross-functional teams.
- Typical candidates may possess a BA or BSc degree and relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Resilient and strong commercial acumen with the ability to deliver in a very competitive environment.
- Operational excellence.
- Analytical with systematic approach to prioritization.
- Strong team player and cross functional approach.
- Curious, with learning agility.
Gilead commercial competencies
- Initiative into action.
- Strategic approach.
- Communications impact and influence.
- Customer relationship building.
- Customer and market insights.
- Business analytics.
Gilead core values
Integrity (doing what's right)
Teamwork (working together)
Excellence (being your best)
Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.