For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Join us in our mission!
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Senior Director, R&D Quality & Compliance at our Santa Monica, California location. You will work with the Clinical Research, Product Development and Quality teams in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This individual will work cross functionally to develop and be responsible for our quality systems and processes to meet all US, European and global Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Pharmacovigilance (GVP) requirements. This position will report directly to the Kite quality head.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Responsible for Kite Pharma GCP, GLP and GVP quality and compliance program globally, covering all applicable areas of Clinical research, including, Medical, Laboratory and Pharmacovigilance.
- Develop and implement GCP and GLP quality systems for Kite Pharma that follow International Congress of Harmonization (ICH) guidance, FDA, EMA and global competent authority regulations and other relevant guidance
- Provide periodic reports to Kite management on the quality and compliance status of the Kite Pharma quality system and Clinical Research teams. Provide periodic reports on the compliance status of all outside CRO, testing and animal labs and treatment centers
- Prepare and implement audit plans for all CROs, testing and animal laboratories, internal Kite departments, and clinical treatment centers
- Manage audit system and follow up on corrective action and CAPA to complete audit certifications
- Ensure inspection readiness of all internal and external entities in preparation of competent authority inspections
- Lead, develop and implement regulatory inspection readiness activities
- Collaborate with Kite US, UK, Canadian, Israeli and EU Clinical Research staff to assure all applicable groups are inspection ready and operate in a complaint manner with applicable regulatory guidance.
- Lead and host (develop staff to lead and host) GCP, GLP and GVP inspections, provide follow up to any responses and corrective actions
- Develop and implement the Deviation and CAPA systems, including policies and electronic systems
- Lead and manage the Deviation and CAPA systems
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or related field with minimum of 10 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or affiliated medical/clinical role. Advanced degree is desirable.
- Experience with vaccines or biologics along with cold chain in a pharmaceutical setting a plus.
- Experience in performing GCP, GLP, pharmacovigilance (GVP), and internal audits
- Experience with direct US and international health authority inspections and interactions
- Experience writing, evaluating and closing investigations and CAPA records.
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to apply GCP, GLP and GVP in conformance to US, EU and international standards
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrate organizational, prioritization, and time management proficiencies
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- Proven ability to develop and lead an international quality team.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.