For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences has a great opportunity for an industry leader as a Senior Manager, Clinical Site Contracts. This position is located at Gilead Sciences’ Corporate Headquarters in Foster City – San Francisco Bay Area, California. The selected Sr. Manager will have the opportunity to manage and develop direct reports in a large high performing team, in order to maximize their capability and further their development while maximizing their contribution towards operational delivery. The candidate will have the opportunity to work collaboratively within a matrix environment with other cross functional groups to proactively foster and ensure continuous improvement and operational excellence.
Position will be accountable for the drafting, negotiation, and review of global Phase I through IV clinical investigative site and related ancillary contracts. All contracts (together referred to as “site contracts”) including both language and budget, the management of Functional Service Providers (FSPs) involved in the contracting process, as well as the supervision, coaching, and evaluation of staff within the site contracting functional area. Will require oversight of contract activities for multiple clinical development programs within the various Gilead therapeutic areas, ensuring Gilead Contract Managers and FSP provide adequate level of staff to complete contracts in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner. Must coordinate with the FSPs, Gilead Clinical Operations and Gilead Legal departments to manage and complete the site contract process throughout study duration. Responds and resolves complex issues associated with domestic and international contracts with support from more senior staff and Gilead Legal department. Ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in working collaboratively with stakeholders, especially senior Development Operations management.
- Leads or manages a functional team within Development Business Operations department.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of multiple areas in complex clinical contracts and finance processes.
- Develops strategy for and provides oversight of activities necessary for the development and execution of site contract for Gilead studies.
- Focuses on site contracting, fair market value (FMV) compliance of site contracts, and financial accountability as it relates to FSP management
- Manages staff grade 28 and below.
- Participates in establishing departmental and cross-functional policies and procedures.
- Manages contract activities for multiple clinical development programs, ensuring that there is adequate staff with the skills to complete contracts accurately, consistently, and in a timely manner.
- Provides information to Senior Management on contract, (FMV), and finance issues.
- Assists staff working on contracts in resolving complex issues relating to contract negotiation or management.
- Trains staff in contract budgeting, development, and administration.
- Develops appropriate job aides and tracking tools.
- Manages vendor relationship with FSP in conjunction with Vendor Relationship Management function
- With the support of internal customers and the Legal department, manages the contract negotiation process, especially in more complex, or high value contracts
- Leads contract life cycle management process related to site contracting.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a applicable knowledge of clinical research functions.
- Demonstrates understanding of regulatory and legal issues pertinent to clinical development (Contracts)
- Demonstrates ability to interact on an advanced level with the Clinical Trial Management team, FSP, Clinical Pricing, and Clinical Payments team to provide oversight of clinical budgets and related contractual terms.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the regulatory implications of contracts as related to clinical research – Good Clinical Practices (GCPs)
- Completes tasks and projects under minimal supervision.
- Evaluates contract and budget changes requested within site contract and identifies business and/or legal risks manage the issue to resolution by proposing and providing alternative solutions to legal or senior management.
- Demonstrates ability to make critical decisions related to projects and tasks..
- Demonstrates leadership skills while working in fast paced and changing environment.
Travel may be required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 8 years of experience with a BA in a relevant discipline.
- 6 years of experience with a MS in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant experience typically includes contract language and budget negotiation, and application of project management principles
- MBA or JD preferred
- PMP or CPSM certification a plus
- Competent in computer skills (Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with implementing a contract management system a plus
- Global Site Contracting experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of financial terms and budgeting
- Development of End User Documentation Tools a plus
- Skilled at development and delivering staff training
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.