About the role
Hargreaves Lansdown is a FTSE 100 financial services company, with a proven track record for growth. The HL Change Team, which comprises of Business Analysts, Project Managers, Scrum Masters and Portfolio Management, plays a key role in maintaining and enhancing HL’s competitive advantage in the market by delivering change in a dynamic environment.
A Portfolio Manager at Hargreaves Lansdown works as part of the portfolio office and supports all facets of the portfolio and associated change lifecycle from inception to completion. You will be responsible for ensuring effective delivery and governance of projects, identifying trends and resolving complex issues affecting delivery. You will play a key role in introducing improvements to our change processes and working with people across the business to help them make decisions around change delivery and new initiatives.
You will need to be organised, diligent and technically astute to help maintain and develop our project portfolio, with the ability to interrogate and analyse data, produce reports and presentable project data. You will also have the necessary skills to communicate this information clearly and effectively, and have experience of working in change or a portfolio environment.
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
- Capturing new project requests and ensuring the information provided meets and adheres to the appropriate standards
- Liaising with Project Sponsors (Directors), Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Developers, Testers, Risk, Compliance and Service Management to report and communicate Project Management-related information
- Designing templates and standards and rolling these out across the organisation
- Providing extended road maps of planned activities to allow financial forecasting, strategic decision making and early identification of blockers.
- Helping establish and refine best-practice and a consistent Portfolio Management approach, tools and methods
- Quality assurance of Portfolio data and activities of the Portfolio management team
- Working with Senior Management in IT to help manage resource conflicts, capacity and availability
- Ensuring that all information relating to projects and changes is accurate and kept up to date
- Helping maintain the change activities undertaken in line with the priorities of the business and the strategic goals of HL
Essential Skills & Experience:
- An understanding of the project lifecycle and various project management methodologies
- Recent and proven experience of managing complex programmes or Portfolios of work ideally within a Financial Services environment
- Strong track record in managing software delivery projects in time-pressured environments
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Ability to engage effectively with Senior Managers and Directors
- Industry recognised qualifications, for example P3O
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Portfolio Management qualification, for example P30
- Working as project support or a related project role
- Experience of planning and scheduling a complex set of scenarios
- Mentoring other Project Managers and educating them on industry best practice, tools and techniques
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the skills below to meet our company values;