Our mission is to 'help people save and invest with confidence'. We are looking for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at HL.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT PATH: Assistant Managing or Specialising
REPORTING INTO: Security Test Manager
We are seeking a well organised, forward thinking Security Testing Analyst to manage the day to day schedule of Penetration Testing within Hargreaves Lansdown. The Analyst will be responsible ensuring the team have a steady flow of work, scoping penetration tests in conjunction with InfoSec requirements, and ensuring that all pre-requisite steps have been completed for a successful test.
Based from our harbour side offices in Bristol, the role involves co-coordinating with multiple stakeholders, including internal penetration testers, team management, system subject matter experts, project managers, as well as external suppliers and testing providers using basic technical and non-technical language.
As the main contact point for the team, the Analyst should be enthusiastic, well organised, with excellent interpersonal skills, and should be happy to approach others outside of the department, ask questions, and constantly on the lookout for ways to optimise the process they work within.
- Maintain the team’s constantly changing testing schedule in line with changing business needs.
- Maintain a smooth workload for the team resource, which is both in house and contracted.
- Assist in the analysis of HL systems resulting in the creation of a testing scope for team consultants to execute.
- Take on responsibility for all pre-requisite tasks for penetration tests, ensuring that they are in place, taking into account risks, selecting best approaches, estimating time, effort and possible cost of activities.
- Assist in the execution of automated scanning, tool upkeep, and the production of reports
- Assist in the resolution of issues that arise whilst penetration tests are being executed
- Maintain a focus on process improvement, new ways of working, new technologies and streamlining procedures, and make these ideas known.
- Produce management information / reports in a timely manner, and to agreed standards
- Maintain test documentation in line with audit standards.
- Adhere to deadlines, prioritise work and provide progress updates.
- Cultivate strong working relationships both within the IT department and the wider business.
- Liaise with stakeholders such as projects, squads, SOC, InfoSec and Vulnerability Management to ensure process handoffs are smooth and efficient.
- Basic understanding of IT Technologies such as Windows, Unix, Firewalling, TCP/IP and Security Controls
- Basic understanding of Penetration Testing Methodologies and Information Security policy
- Excellent MS Office skills with the ability to create comprehensive documentation which is version controlled.
- Proven interest in IT Security / Penetration Testing
- Previous experience in a coordination based role
- Strong communicator (written and verbal), with a desire to co-ordinate communication between teams.
- Highly organised with a good attention to detail.
- Self-motivated to manage own workload and report status without being asked.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Estimating & forecasting
- Advanced planning & organising skills
- Negotiation & relationship management skills
- Willingness to learn and develop, taking on information, and applying it to the role.
- Ability to be flexible and perform well in a constantly changing environment, sometimes with non-negotiable deadlines.
- Pro-active, resourceful, delivering change using one’s own initiative.
- Possesses the strength of character to ask questions, challenge people in a professional manner, and maintain the high standards of the team.
- A close attention to detail, ensuring the highest standards are kept.
- Great tenacity, with an enthusiasm for problem solving, maintaining a focus on solutions.
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme - up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.